Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Matador
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Abilities you would like to see for Thief at level 95 and 99?

1-Flash bomb 1 min Cooldown:stuns the enemy for few seconds making it vulnerable for Sneak Attack.

2-Smoke bomb 5 min Cooldown: resets the cooldown on flee.

3-Treasure compass: ability to locate treasure locations functions much VNM abyssite
    /rest loc

4-Special Thief tools much like ninja universal tools for coating Thief's weapon with various kinds of poisons.
    (4)
    Last edited by hordecore; 04-16-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Job Abilities

Deadly Attack - 5 min Cool down - Does 2x the amount of damage that sneak attack does and inflicts poison to the target.
    Does not stack with Sneak attack.

Bloody Strikes - Lasts for 5 minutes - 10 minute cool down - Enables all strikes by THF to inflict drain.

Job Trait

Dagger Boost - Does more damage while daggers are equipped.

Higher level of Dual Wield
    (2)

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think Thf should get Widescan.
    Steal / Despoil 5 mins is too long and should not share the same timers.
    (2)

Character
    Snapple
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Level 95

Detect - Detects items that can be stolen from the enemy.

Robbery - Deals damage and steals gil from the enemy. Damage dealt and chance of stealing gil increased with Sneak Attack. (Shares timer with Mug)

Level 99
    Two Hour: Whirling Dervish - All thief abilities are reusable instantly upon use and attack speed increased. (30 second timer, shares timer with Perfect Dodge)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hordecore View Post
    1-Flash bomb 1 min Cooldown:stuns the enemy for few seconds making it vulnerable for Sneak Attack.

2-Smoke bomb 5 min Cooldown: resets the cooldown on flee.

3-Treasure compass: ability to locate treasure locations functions much VNM abyssite
    /rest loc

4-Special Thief tools much like ninja universal tools for coating Thief's weapon with various kinds of poisons.
    Actually, I don't hate those. the Stun should last ~10 Seconds, giving you time to use SA, Or just simply make it "Next SA can be used from Any Direction"

Some I'd like to Toss in.

Dual Wield III or up.

A Job Trait that Increases our Critical hit Rate (Starting from level ~15. Every 20 levels. Total of 20% by 95)

a Job Trait That would increase our efficiency in Daggers some way. Rather it be a Damage Boost, or maybe the above Critical hit JT when using Daggers.

I can't wish for much else, I kinda like the job, We just need a Small Damage boost when it comes to outside Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    A+ rank dagger skill

Triple Attack II at 75 and Triple Attack III at 95

Attack Bonus I though III (if DNC gets Accuracy bonus we should get Attack Bonus)

Cut Sneak Attack and Trick Attack timers in half

Adjust Sneak Attack so that it does reduced damage when attacking from the sides.

Adjust Trick Attack so that when you are behind another player with Trick Attack and Sneak Attack active it counts as being "behind" the target.

Change DW tiers to same as DNC.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-16-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to see a trait that occasionally assassinates a monster. Something like a chance for it to proc after a monster reaches 50% hit point remaining or whatever. I guess maybe as part of sneak attack.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    I'd like to see a trait that occasionally assassinates a monster. Something like a chance for it to proc after a monster reaches 50% hit point remaining or whatever. I guess maybe as part of sneak attack.
    Wouldn't work on NMs and would therefor be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle

"Trickery" - allows use of Sneak Attack from Any Direction. Imposes Penalty to Damage when not used From Behind.
    I don't like the idea of SA working when you are in the monster's site.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-17-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Wouldn't work on NMs and would therefor be useless.

I don't like the idea of SA working when you are in the monster's site.
    Me too, But at the same time, I'm tired of never being able to use those Key abilities of Thief When i'm Solo/Duo/trio/etc where I'm generally the main tank. and i know i know, its a party-oriented ability... but still.

The idea would be, Thief's being so good at their job now (Maybe this ability would be 95+) That they've learned ways to fool Enemies, and still launch a Sneak Attack. however since it requires such effort, the Damage will suffer when used from anywhere but from behind.

It would simply allows us to utilize more of our Abilities solo. THF has been adapted as kinda a "Low man Tank" for so,e groups, Like my own in abyssea, I can survive most things (Anything i can't i go on MNK). I just wish i could use more of my Abilities Low-man. Thats all. Maybe you do everything in large groups where you're not the tank though. if so, i envy you.

I can see the gripe with most THFs, It takes away the RP element, Which is why i added the "Story" behind Trickery, So it still falls into some RP role with THF as to not anger those people who hold that aspect of the game close.

Plus I don't think it would be too Broken, Considering THF itself is rather weak (outside), and SA/TA are the only things that make it kinda Viable.

Plus with the introduction of many more mobs with "Flail" Type moves, being able to SA a mob without your leader or someone going "YER GUNNA FLAIL IT!1111" would be lovely.
    (0)

Thief is a great job. I'll start by saying that. Also, Look for Bolded parts if you wanna get past the "Talking". A+ Dagger would be lovely, But wouldn't complain without it.

Triple Attack II/III would be nice, As such WAR should get Double Attack II/III.

Triple Attack I/II/III coming at 55, 75, 95 wouldn't be bad.

Attack Bonus IDK, Maybe a new Job Trait all together. I guess in terms with the "Mastery" Line.

"Dagger Mastery" - Increases Accuracy and Attack When using a Dagger. Starting level 15, giving us another Tier every 20 levels, total of 5. Stage 1 Would give 10acc/atk, +5 Each Trait, Total of +30acc/atk by 95.

--------------------------------

a Job Ability or Job Trait that allows the use of Sneak Attack from Any direction that works on any mob (I.E i know hide can do this, but its very limited). Could even impose a penalty. (I.E, If used from sides, only does 75%, if used from front, Only 50%).Some naming: (Job Trait)
    Edit: This Trait would be High Level. Possible 95+.

"Trickery" - allows use of Sneak Attack from Any Direction. Imposes Penalty to Damage when not used From Behind.

----------------------------------------

How about an Ability that Powers up Sneak attack and Trick Attack over time similar to "Restraint"? Say, Each Successful hit would raise your SA/TA Damage by 0.5%. For a total of an additional 50%. (I.E, 100 hits would give you an additional 50% mod to SA, or TA). This would actually meld well with the new job trait i listed where you only do 50% damage from the front. with a full "Restraint", you would do normal Damage. however if you did it from behind it would gain a substantial boost. I call it "Patience", think of it as "Waiting for the right time to strike". Of course once you SA or TA it would reset to 0% and you'd have to build it up again (like Restraint)

Patience
    Raising the potency of Sneak Attack or Trick Attack with each Successive hit you land.
    Recast: 10min
    Duration: 5 min

--------------------------------

How bout a Job trait that increases our Critical Hit rate?
    "Critical Rate Bonus" I~IV. Starting Level 25, Increasing a tier every 20 levels til 85. Lv. 1 Would increase Critical hit rate 5%, Each level would increase an additional 5%, Total of 20% Boost at level 80.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-18-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast