Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    yeah lol SA from anywhere also makes me think of rogues from dragon age 2. Backstab automatically teleports you behind the target~ That's real power!
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thief's are given the ability to "hide" which also can have the effect of losing one's hate with a mob they've all ready agro'ed or "shedding hate" on a mob that one's all ready attacking.

I'd love to see a "sneak" version of this ability added.

I use Hide for invis sometimes, but I know that Hide doesn't last long and therefore would expect only the same from "sneak". And of course to use this "sneak" as a form a sneak for short jaunts would be nice.

Anyways, trying to keep my wish list reasonable and not stupid like "I want octuple attack!"
    I'm not a fan of some of the previously mentioned /wants; but the idea of not having to sleep a mob to SA him in the middle of solo'ing sounds very attractive!

Also, I kinda understand why, but I'd REALLY like to have access to ranged weapon weaponskills! /sigh
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasurehider

Also, I kinda understand why, but I'd REALLY like to have access to ranged weapon weaponskills! /sigh
    Why? I have a RNG with full +2 Sylvan and a +2 fire path magian bow and even with VV Stout Arm and Drifter atmas Sidewinder doesn't out damage an unstacked Evisceration on my THF.

The only way RNG WS out damage THF is if they have Jishnu's Radiance or Wildfire and there's no way SE is giving THF access to those.
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why? I have a RNG with full +2 Sylvan and a +2 fire path magian bow and even with VV Stout Arm and Drifter atmas Sidewinder doesn't out damage an unstacked Evisceration on my THF.

The only way RNG WS out damage THF is if they have Jishnu's Radiance or Wildfire and there's no way SE is giving THF access to those.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Why? Mainly selfish reasons Would be great for having more options with proc'ing without a Ranger and would be nice just to have some more variety in weaponskills. I imagined it as having access to something like half of the weaponskills. Anyways, feel free to ignore it, I think Abyssea things brings the most attention to it.
    (0)

Job Trait "Elusiveness" Every attack you evade raises your evasion +1-4 (random) for the duration of the fight, does not carry over to the next mob, but can get bonus from 2nd mob. i.e. if you are fighting and you get a link, you already have +8 eva on the original pull, but you evade an attack for +2 from an add; you will continue to have +8 versus the original mob, but after kill IF you /autotarget 2nd mob (so you never sheathe your weapon) you will already be +2 on the add- you can change target with low HP on the 1st mob to the 2nd then use an AoE WS to kill the 1st as well, just never put away your weap or u lose any bonus accumulated.

Job Trait "Displacement" Random proc (25%) chance of evading a magical attack or TP attack.
    (0)

Character
    Ziero
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Always did love these "wish-list" threads. It's a challenge to try and come up with unique-yet-useful and balanced skills that also fit well into a job's "theme".

Personally, I've always been a fan of the idea that Thief should be a class with lots of short recast "griefing" JAs and attacks. While their DoT can be strong, their JAs should focus on indirectly boosting that DoT or having debilitating effect on the mob. Skills like Feint, with it's strong Eva down, or Aura Steal, with it's dispelling and buff stealing ability, illustrate what I feel Thf abilities should be like. Not simple self buffs and such like War or Mnk, but things that weaken the mob so the Thf can do more damage. Thf should also have it's abilities be based off positioning so the job is always moving and trying to find the best angle of attack, however the abilities shouldn't be totally useless if the right position is impossible/improbable to obtain.

That said, I'll start by fixin what's "broke"

Thief Main, Steal recast is lowered to 2 minutes, can only successfully steal from mob once. When subbed, Steal recast is 5 minutes.

Thief Main, Mug recast lowered to 2 minutes, steals gil (once per mob) and causes Addle. When subbed, Mug recast is 5 minutes only steals gil with no added Addle effect

Despoil is set to it's own 3 minute timer, the status effect is reduced to 60 seconds and it does damage based on Dex when used. (To despoil is to violently steal something, as such it should deal damage accordingly to suit the name)

Assassin not only increases the damage mod to TA, but it allows the Thf to transfer a percentage of it's current built up hate to a party/alliance member instead of just the hate gained from a single strike.

DW I is gained at 50, DW II at 80, DW III at 95. For some reason SE wants Thfs to have DW, but not have a lot of it naturally. That's fine, whatever....but DW I at 83? That's just ass.

Crit Att Bonus I at 60, CAB II at 77, CAB III at 90, CAB IV at 99

As for new stuff

Abilities:
    lvl 80 Blackjack - Stuns target, effect is enhanced when used from behind. Instant use, 1 minute recast. Based on melee accuracy and does no damage. (For those who don't know, a "Blackjack" is a small, easily-concealed club with a leather-wrapped weight at the end of a leather-wrapped coil spring or handle, commonly used to render people unconscious. Very similar to saps and billy clubs)

lvl 90 Throat Slash - Causes strong DoT and Silence, DoT effect is increased when used from behind. Instant use, 3 minute recast. DoT stacks with other DoT effects and is non-elemental with the amount of damage done increasing per tick. 60-120 sec duration depending on mob/level difference.

lvl 93 Raider's Boon - Enhances Triple Attack rate for party members within area of effect. 1 Minute duration, 5 minute recast. Grants 5% Triple Attack.

lvl 97 Flash Powder - Blinds and debilitates enemy, only effective when face to face with target. Causes a strong Flash effect, Def down, mDef Down, Att down and mAtt down. Flash effect last 3 swings or 30 seconds, all other effects last 45 seconds. 3 minute recast.

Traits:

lvl 55 Treasure Master - Enhances lock picking. This trait would give Thfs a boost at unlocking *all* locks in the game, Chests, Coffers, Caskets, Abyssea Pyxis etc etc etc. If it's a box that can be opened, Thf should be the best at opening it. With chests, it increases lock picking chances. For caskets and Pyxis etc, it allows thf to get more chances to open it or better clues etc. It would even allow Thfs to open boxes with Keys but not have the key break after use. Really, it's an overall "useless" ability, but ever since the coffer change a few years back I felt something needs to be done to give Thfs an edge in this most niche of niche activities.

lvl 85 Misdirection - Increases the effectiveness of Hide. Increases the duration of hide's effect and allows it to be used effectively on far more monsters, including Sound aggro mobs.

lvl 95 Precision - Enhances Sneak Attack. Allows Sneak Attack to be used from the sides of monsters as well as from behind.

lvl 99 Dagger Master - Increases attack, accuracy and critical hit rate when using Daggers and Knives.

...the names could use some work, but overall they're generally abilities and traits that allow Thief a bit more versatility while being more then straight up damage boosts.
    (2)

I like a lot of the at, Won't comment on all!

But, The Trick Attack applying some of your enmity seems like a nerf i Don't want. I low-man a lot, Sometimes i trick attack the mage just to use it lol... Giving them a chunk of my Enmity feels like it would just further limit the ability.

Then again theres conspirator..
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    More than like, it's awesome. One of the very few suggestions I've seen that are thoughtful, improve THF in the strengths it's supposed to have and is not broken in any way.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to be able to give my enmity away to another person. I was co-tanking earlier today when I got the idea because it was so annoying when the mob kept on turning back and forth because we were both at the enmity cap.
    (0)

Player
    I like this concept. If we can shed our enmity we could stay behind enemies more. I don't like changing TA around it though hehe (same reason karbuncle gave). Increasing the usability of hide could do the trick too, and with less of a hassle.

Currently i see two paths to fix thief. Either increase the usability of sa/ta and other JAs while soloing/lowmaning, or specialize even more on our current path (needing ppl to be effecitve). I like both, but i kinda prefer the latter lol, because well, it has potential to do more damage, and i like damage. I don't think this is unreasonable, considering needing others is a very big limitation as it is, and i believe what we gain from sata today really doesn't translate very well with its restriction.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast