Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Carbuncle ruby drop

I've been farming literally hundreds of Thread Leeches in the Valkrum Dunes over the past few days with Treasure Hunter 1 active on my main or sub, but I have not seen the ruby. I know it's "extremely rare" (~1 in 50). Is anyone certain if it still drops there?
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I found the leeches in the maze of shakhrami had better drop rates
    (1)

Player
    Carbuncle's Ruby does still drop in Valkurm Dunes, and can actually drop from pretty much any leech in the old world zones. They actually even raised the drop rate awhile back, so it's odd that you haven't gotten one yet.. unless you already have one hiding somewhere.

Try typing in-game: /itemsearch "carbuncle's ruby"
    It should tell you if you have one and which bag it's in if you do.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Carbuncle's Ruby does still drop in Valkurm Dunes, and can actually drop from pretty much any leech in the old world zones. They actually even raised the drop rate awhile back, so it's odd that you haven't gotten one yet.. unless you already have one hiding somewhere.

Try typing in-game: /itemsearch "carbuncle's ruby"
    It should tell you if you have one and which bag it's in if you do.
    I know for a fact that I've never gotten one because this is an entirely new character, and I know the contents of each bag. I also keep my main bag less than half full and check it's contents every 30 to 45 minutes, just in case.

I farmed for another 3 or 4 hours last night with THF sub, and still no drop. I probably killed another 100+ leeches. I used to see it more often in the old days when parties got desperate and pulled leeches when all the snippers were taken. Maybe I'll have to farm somewhere else.

My luck doesn't surprise me. I've always had extremely bad luck with random number generators in every game I've played. Back in the day, I farmed for the Scorpion Harness for 3 or 4 months before finally getting it. And that included monopolizing the NM for 5 or 6 hours a day nearly every day. My LS tried to help, but after a couple weeks, they all gave up and swore I had the worst luck they had ever seen. But like I said, it's like that for me in every game. It's either that, or I have beginners luck and get rare stuff on the first try. That's not as common, though. Unfortunately there's no middle ground for my luck.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Makilahy View Post
    I know for a fact that I've never gotten one because this is an entirely new character, and I know the contents of each bag. I also keep my main bag less than half full and check it's contents every 30 to 45 minutes, just in case.

I farmed for another 3 or 4 hours last night with THF sub, and still no drop. I probably killed another 100+ leeches. I used to see it more often in the old days when parties got desperate and pulled leeches when all the snippers were taken. Maybe I'll have to farm somewhere else.

My luck doesn't surprise me. I've always had extremely bad luck with random number generators in every game I've played. Back in the day, I farmed for the Scorpion Harness for 3 or 4 months before finally getting it. And that included monopolizing the NM for 5 or 6 hours a day nearly every day. My LS tried to help, but after a couple weeks, they all gave up and swore I had the worst luck they had ever seen. But like I said, it's like that for me in every game. It's either that, or I have beginners luck and get rare stuff on the first try. That's not as common, though. Unfortunately there's no middle ground for my luck.
    OK, but did you do /itemsearch, as suggested?
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    OK, but did you do /itemsearch, as suggested?
    No instances of the item were found.
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    2nd leech in the Maze of Shakrami dropped it.

I think Valkrum is broken.
    (0)

Player
    Grats on your ruby!
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”