Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Instancing has always been a problem for the game, really. Even as early as the open BC in at Ghelsba at one point. Also remember stuff like the Fellow lines or Campaign BCs when the strongholds were finally captured. And while they could just triple every pop point, I'd also suggest they just drop the server transfer fee and remove the cooldown, letting people hop to another server temporarily if they find a given area too congested.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Depends on your play style. MMO's are based around numbers of people, that was their original design concept too. Also more people = more subs.

The issue is not about large numbers of people, but the resources available. With a higher number of people on a server, I think more Apex, more ??? points, and generally more instances need to be added. Then it doesn't matter how many growing number of people are on the server.
    its not more people? its the same number. More people on one server and less on another doesn't change the number of people playing lol. And new people don't know how many people are on which server.

(But really i'm simply not going to pay for a server transfer when all the people i know are here and i can still do most anything I want to do without a problem)

Plus some people don't like overcrowded servers. Since the most I ever saw was around 2200 or so on Shiva back in the day and I'm pretty sure populations were more balanced back then, i'd consider over 3k overcrowded. Even on shiva sometimes I have to wait for ambuscade, so i cant imagine what it's like voer there.

While I did HNM camping, I hated it. skill or party coomposistion are basically irrelevant and it was just luck of the draw (or botting)... waiting three hours playing isketch while checking for the pop every 30 minutes only to get out provoked by a botter was not really my idea of fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    might as well wait for odin server to start having botts i guess when the JP community post about it we will start seeing banns., totally losing hope i was in pandy then merged to asura i dont want to leave 2 unless SE gives a free transfer
    (0)

Player
    JP have been complaining for... quite a while... it really is falling upon deaf ears.

The banhammer doth swingith... but damn if it doesn't take a VERY long time to fall.
    (2)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    glitched bots, taking up voidwatch pop locations and not actually fighting....... just popping, come on SE, we're paying for a service here, it's not difficult to see them
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    its not more people? its the same number. More people on one server and less on another doesn't change the number of people playing lol. And new people don't know how many people are on which server.
    The point I was making was that you said you prefer to be on Shiva because it is quiet. Well, if every server had 300 players, we wouldn't have a game to play, in my opinion. Which is why I said "More players, more subs".
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    The point I was making was that you said you prefer to be on Shiva because it is quiet. Well, if every server had 300 players, we wouldn't have a game to play, in my opinion. Which is why I said "More players, more subs".
    If every server had 300 players there would need to be several more of them, actually.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    they are just afraid for the Player cound drops like the Salvage bann 6 years ago that was not the problem it was the FFXIV release
    (0)

Player
    They would lose more than they gain this time... the sheer amount of people botting is astronomical right now... but the amount of people quitting or complaining about it just aren't significant enough to match.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    They would lose more than they gain this time... the sheer amount of people botting is astronomical right now... but the amount of people quitting or complaining about it just aren't significant enough to match.
    True, but the more "real" people that quit, the less likelihood of RMT taking interest. My nephew has just quit as he is discontented with the way things are/have gone/going toward, whom I spent most my time helping, now he has gone, I'm barely logging in myself.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 02-24-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast