Character
    Furyaan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Rune Fencing the Night Away - Can't Complete

Started this quest a few days ago and not matter how many weapons kill points I accumulate the weapon skill, Dimidiation does not appear in my weapon skill list.

I am using the trust Ayame to create light skillchains which count as 5 points towards the 300 points required to complete the quest.

I spent 2 hours doing this yesterday but still didn't receive the weapon skill whilst the Trial Blade was equipped. Today I continued the quest but counted the points I should have received. I was able to do 20 light skillchains (5 points) in 30 minutes, meaning it should take me 1.5-2 hours to get 300. I played for another 2 hours which should have made me well over 300 points and still the weapon skill did not appear.

I have tried speaking and trading the item to the quest NPC but it does nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Just asking since it's not posted in your post, were you doing the weapon skills on mobs that were at least "incredibly easy prey", ie you must do the skillchain on mobs that yield exp. Also where were you doing the weapon skills? Some areas are excluded from gaining points.
    (0)

Character
    Furyaan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Just asking since it's not posted in your post, were you doing the weapon skills on mobs that were at least "incredibly easy prey", ie you must do the skillchain on mobs that yield exp. Also where were you doing the weapon skills? Some areas are excluded from gaining points.
    My first 2 hours was in Escha - Zi'tah killing efts as I was taking the opportunity to earn merits while doing the trial. Then I went to Kamihr Drifts for the other 2 hours just to try a different zone, and yes both mobs were high enough to give exp so they were higher than incredibly easy prey.

Thanks
    (0)
    Last edited by Furyan; 02-10-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
    My first 2 hours was in Escha - Zi'tah killing efts as I was taking the opportunity to earn merits while doing the trial. Then I went to Kamihr Drifts for the other 2 hours just to try a different zone, and yes both mobs were high enough to give exp so they were higher than incredibly easy prey.

Thanks
    The other possible issue I've heard is lockstyle. For some reason if you lockstyle and use the trial weapon it errors. Were you using lockstyle?
    (0)

Character
    Furyaan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes I was using lockstyle actually. I'll have a go with it off as it should only take me an hour to get 300 points.

Thanks for the info.
    (0)