Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Skill Chaining with Occult Acumen

Hello,

I have a request with occult acumen TP gain and attempting to skill chain doing so.

For example, I have achieved enough STP and Occult Acumen on Black Mage to get 1000 TP in one nuke. Problem is, when you nuke after doing one weapon skill, it will break any chance of creating a skill chain.

To my knowledge, casting a spell after a weapon skill breaks the "Chain Bound" effect for the player attempting to solo their own skill chain.

Can we look into removing this restriction? It would open up a fun play style and allow Black Mage to create their own skill chains and open up an alternative method for Scholar / DRK.
    (0)

Player
    That's not true at all, spells (except when immanenced) have no effect on skillchains.

You can see this by having blms cast "nuke" too soon during a skillchain, and having the skillchain still take effect for the sequential "nuke" casts.

As you are trying to ws cast ws, you're simply missing the window with casting delays possibly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-07-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    That's not true at all, spells (except when immanenced) have no effect on skillchains.

You can see this by having blms cast "nuke" too soon during a skillchain, and having the skillchain still take effect for the sequential "nuke" casts.

As you are trying to ws cast ws, you're simply missing the window with casting delays possibly.
    I tested it with Sekkanoki, Vidohunir > Stone 1 > Vidohunir and it did not skill chain. So it is definitely not me missing the window...being stone 1 is literally instant >< Give it a shot!

Edit: I mean when trying to self skill chain this happens. If you cast while others skill chain, it will have no effect on their end result. Only your personal one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Slib; 02-07-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Player
    So if a DD does a ws, then a DRK does a stone, then a ws, it will fail to skillchain?

or if a DRK does a ws, then stone, then another DD does a ws, it will fail?

Or is it strictly if you try to do it yourself, cause it makes no sense either way lol
    (0)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    So if a DD does a ws, then a DRK does a stone, then a ws, it will fail to skillchain?

or if a DRK does a ws, then stone, then another DD does a ws, it will fail?

Or is it strictly if you try to do it yourself, cause it makes no sense either way lol
    I only tested the following scenario...

Player A WS's, Player A casts spell on enemy, Player A WS's again.

This is the scenario I am trying to have adjusted.
    (0)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Isola,

I want to apologize. After a lot of testing with this tonight, I managed to get a skill chain after casting tonight. Sorry about that! This thread can be ignored then haha.
    (0)

Player
    It did seem a little weird, lol.

So don't leave me hanging. was it a speed thing? was it a chatlog thing? a failure to actually make a staff > staff sc?
    (0)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Definitely a speed thing. It is a very tight window but it is doable.

Felt good tho! Had a transcended Chapuli, did 20k Vidohunir > 15k thundaja > 20k vidohunir with 19k distortion and a 99999 Water 6 MB lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Slib; 02-07-2019 at 11:43 PM.