Greetings, adventurers!

Matsui here with some info on the February version update.

Winter here in Tokyo is very cold and dry, and the flu is going around like nobody’s business. People from the development, operations, and localization teams have all been gobsmacked, but we’ve managed to overcome what ails us, and February is shaping up just as we originally envisioned it.

I suppose you could say that the flu “flew” right by, leaving a trail of devastation in its wake.

But enough with the doom and gloom and on to a brighter topic—the February version update! The flu isn’t the only thing flying in to town—we’ve got another new mount coming up, this one a special device ridden by a certain someone who always wanted to be noticed. And although I say “flying into town,” perhaps a better phrase would be “levitating a couple feet off the ground”—there won’t be any traversing previously impassible terrain. But still, a mount of such prestige is too special to just hand out in a login campaign, so we’ve prepared a new quest to obtain it; a quest in which you’ll be meeting with a certain storied personage from Vana’diel’s past.

For Ambuscade, there’s no escaping the gaze of this month’s fiends—the hecteyes! With one large boss monster and five smaller ones, it’s sure to be a “hect” of a good time! We’ve also got a couple fun little surprises in store for hallmark rewards as well.

On the job adjustment front, there are some changes in store for our feather-in-the-cap red mage brethren this month. Job ability adjustments are on the docket for now, but there will be some adjustments to magic spells going forward, so consider this to be “part one” while we work on part two.

When I stroll through the city, everywhere I go I’m greeted by the sights and smells of chocolate. It’s a shame I’m weaning myself off sweets, and hence will have to content myself with Vana’diel’s sugary treats this Valentione’s Day.

Below is the usual table of items scheduled for this February. As always, some last-minute issues may arise that prevent some of these items from making it in this month, but the team is doing its utmost to ensure that we can bring you as much content for February as we can.

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
FebruaryNew quest・Create text-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
FebruaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Add further upgrades to reward weapons
-
FebruaryPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-
FebruaryEscha – Ru’Aun・Remove certain monsters-
Battle-related