Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Controller problems

I have tried multiple PS2 style controllers (multiple vendors), and they are all having the same problem. The first time I run the FFXI Config and set the gamepad settings, everything works fine, including in the test. But once I enter the game, the D-pad and left analog stick start controlling the same things, the Analog button won't turn off (always on), and buttons 1, 2, 5-8 lose their configuration and do nothing. Exiting out and returning to the gamepad config in FFXI Config, Analog still will not turn off, the D-pad and left analog controller are still acting the same, though the other buttons work correctly. Completely uninstalling the reinstalling the controller doesn't help.

No other games have this problem. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Surface Pro 6.

I know everyone likes the keyboard better, but when I'm lying in bed and playing solo, the controller is a lot easier to use. I really want to figure this out.
    (0)

Player
    I'm having similar issues and posted a thread before I saw yours. I like to say this is a windows 10 issue but from my google searches I've seen it happens across 7 and 8 too. I got my controller to work but had to go through a convoluted mess to get it to work and have to start it up a special way to ensure no issues. I'll let you know if I find any info but so far I got nothing official.
    (0)

Player
    Makilahy I wanted to let you know at least for me if I connect my PS4 controller to my laptop via a micro USB cable I have no problem setting up the controller in the gamepad config. I select pattern A under the predefined settings and only swap the confirm and cancel buttons since I'm more used to X being confirmed and O being canceled. I hope this helps you. I rather use wireless but I think there are windows/FF11 issues that make that a problem right now.
    (0)

Character
    Griffinx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's so weird, my ps4 controller was working for about year perfectly without any third party programs. Since september it's been weird and buggy. Seems like so many people are having issues. We all gotta figure this out! ; ;
    (0)