Character
    Derian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Artifact & Relic Upgrades

I feel that the limitation of one upgrade per week should be adjusted.

Now that upgraded artifact and relic can be stored via the porter moogle there is no reason (aside from cost) NOT to upgrade everything that you obtain.

Now I realize that upgrade items are not exactly gained at a breakneck pace, but I don't think anyone really did the math when the upgrade system was implemented.

Explanation:
    - There are 20 jobs
    - Each job has 10 upgradeable pieces
    - Sagheera will allow you to upgrade 1 piece per week
    - Twenty jobs multiplied by 10 upgrades equals 200 upgrades
    - 200 upgrades means 200 weeks
    - 200 weeks is just shy of four years

So basically, if you were to upgrade every artifact and relic in the game it would take you a minimum of nearly four years if you were to upgrade continuously. Which seems kinda ridiculous in my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DerianX View Post
    I feel that the limitation of one upgrade per week should be adjusted.

Now that upgraded artifact and relic can be stored via the porter moogle there is no reason (aside from cost) NOT to upgrade everything that you obtain.

Now I realize that upgrade items are not exactly gained at a breakneck pace, but I don't think anyone really did the math when the upgrade system was implemented.

Explanation:
    - There are 20 jobs
    - Each job has 10 upgradeable pieces
    - Sagheera will allow you to upgrade 1 piece per week
    - Twenty jobs multiplied by 10 upgrades equals 200 upgrades
    - 200 upgrades means 200 weeks
    - 200 weeks is just shy of four years

So basically, if you were to upgrade every artifact and relic in the game it would take you a minimum of nearly four years if you were to upgrade continuously. Which seems kinda ridiculous in my opinion.
    I guess it's debateable, but it doesn't seem long to me at all. Most people don't even level half the jobs in that time, and even fewer get all the artifact or relic gear and the required limbus materials or relic-1 pieces in that time, even for their jobs. Four years sounds a lot, and I don't know how long you've been playing, but most people are already beyond that time. Combine that with the fact that many of those pieces have been made obsolete and only real collectors still wanna have everything (and I really doubt there are many), and even few people do limbus/dynamis these days.

Before the update I did some dreamlands, and with the new drop rates I got quite a few -1 items. Back then I also thought it would be a pain, but I managed to work through my backlog just a few weeks ago, and now I have nothing to upgrade again.

I guess it's a matter of opinion in the end, four years to finish absolutely everything seems ok to me, since it doesn't take away from other playtime (just quickly talk to Sagheera, maybe buy mats, total of 5min/week). Although I wouldn't mind if they lowered it either, just saying I don't really see a need for it.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    *Waits patiently for the +2 versions to finally come around to surpass/equal empyrean so this can be a legitimate complaint.*
    (1)

Character
    Derian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    With the increased drops rates for -1 items in Dynamis I'm now sitting on about half a dozen -1 pieces. I'd rather not have to throw them away simply because I don't have room to hold them while I wait.
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    *Waits patiently for the +2 versions to finally come around to surpass/equal empyrean so this can be a legitimate complaint.*

Preemptive Strike!
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Quote Originally Posted by DerianX View Post
    With the increased drops rates for -1 items in Dynamis I'm now sitting on about half a dozen -1 pieces. I'd rather not have to throw them away simply because I don't have room to hold them while I wait.
    make the -1 storable with the porter moogle, too. i've got a few pieces sitting in my MH waiting for me to have nothing better to do with dynamis currency. I could use the space, I'm buried in aby NM pop items. Not to mention the non-storable gear for the 5 active jobs I play, food, jugs, oils, stealth mats, ninja tools, ammo, a few crystals for crafting on the fly, stuff with active trials going on, and a few rare/ex items for jobs that I will be leveling eventually and don't want to throw away (mycophile cuffs, etc.)
    (0)

Character
    Derian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Omen

Round two!

Just calculated that upgrading reforged artifact has a problem similar to the original upgrade system.

Example:
    Say you do omen regularly and average ~20 cards a week (3~4 per run, 6~7 runs a week).
    To +3 all pieces for a job you need 240 cards.
    There are 22 jobs.

240 cards * 22 jobs = 5280 cards
    5280 cards / 20 = 264 weeks
    264 weeks = 5 years

I realize that this does not take into account card campaigns, etc.

Food for thought.
    (0)

Player
    Niiiiiice.... 8 year necro, by the OP of the thread. XD

We've been complaining about Omen card drop rate since the content was released and we had enough data to calc the required time.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”