Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Resolution and controller recommendations

I'm returning to the game after 10 years, and I need some recommendations.

I'm running the game on my Surface Pro 6 tablet with a wireless keyboard, mouse, and PS/2-style controller. My display aspect ratio is 3:2, but I don't see any compatible resolution settings in the config. What would you guys recommend? I'm thinking about playing in Windowed mode, if that helps.

My graphics adapter is obviously the built-in Intel UHD Graphics 620, which I'm assuming can easily handle a 17-year-old game.

Also, I like playing with a PS2 controller. If anyone out there is using one, what do you recommend? I've noticed that on Amazon there are PS2 to USB converters, so I'm thinking about buying one of those and using a genuine PS2 controller rather than trying to buy a crappy USB PS2 controller rip-off. Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Khamu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 42
    You can use a PS4 controller with FF11. I bought 4 Snakebyte's FF11 controllers and each time the wiring just couldnt keep up with daily wear and tear [Plus as the years went on the Snakebyte controllers got more and more expensive and harder to come by]. Finally figured out you could plug and play with a PS4 controller with any usb cord.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Makilahy View Post
    I'm returning to the game after 10 years, and I need some recommendations.
    Welcome back!

[...] and PS/2-style controller [...]
    Something like this? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._PS2_hiiri.jpg

I realise you're referring to a PlayStation 2 controller, but I couldn't resist. 'PS/2' usually refers to the keyboard and mouse ports ( https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Ps-2-ports.jpg ), in case my joke isn't making any sense (or, going further back, the 'Personal System/2' from IBM).

Also, I like playing with a PS2 controller. If anyone out there is using one, what do you recommend? I've noticed that on Amazon there are PS2 to USB converters, so I'm thinking about buying one of those and using a genuine PS2 controller rather than trying to buy a crappy USB PS2 controller rip-off. Thoughts?
    I have mostly played using the keyboard (and to some extent, the mouse), but these days I also do use an official DualShock 2 controller, with a converter indeed. Could recommend, if you like that controller at all.

As for the resolution, I have never even seen such devices live, and with that aspect ratio, I can only suggest you try some different ones out, and see what you like the best yourself.

Note that, in addition to the resolution (set via the config utility), you can change the aspect ratio in game as well.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.