Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Digging is relevant still to modern crafting. It's the only source of Lizard Molts, which are needed to make cp capes w/ leathercraft. No diggers = no capes.
    It's a good thing mecistopin's mantle is (up to)20% better
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    It's a good thing mecistopin's mantle is (up to)20% better
    Which is not buyable/sellable, and irrelevant to the discussion at hand. The fact remains that there are things that still depend solely on digging, which supports the request to make it more intuitive to level by at least displaying digging skill.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Molts are skill 0, completely irrelevant to skill level, and totally useless as mecistopins are undeniably better. They're also "buyable"
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I also agree with the OP, and think that Digging Level should be available in the main menu.

Re ; the whole "time is money" thing. For my part, at least, I'm not working on Wall Street. I am a Roleplaying Gamer. I like RPGs.

I am playing a RPG character in Vana'diel, and my character likes to raise chocobos from eggs, care for them, race them, and take them out riding around the beautiful world of Vana'diel.

My RPG character is not a banker or a stockbroker. My character likes to go fishing, dig with chocobos, and also to have adventures with her friends and with her Automaton.

Sometimes my RPG character thinks it would be nice to farm gil items, sometimes it is not something that my RPG character wants to do.

Sometimes she just travels around Vana'diel, admiring the scenery. Sometimes she just plays /emote games with her Automaton. Sometimes she solo's fierce NMs.

What I'm saying is that instead of "time is money", I would suggest that "time is a lot of possible experiences." Being able to enjoy those experiences is a very personal and individual resource, as it is the ability to enjoy life and be happy.

I'm happy when I go digging on my chocobo, it is fun.

It would be nice to know what the Digging Level is, since we know what most of the other in-game levels are.
    (3)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I also agree with the OP, and think that Digging Level should be available in the main menu.

Re ; the whole "time is money" thing. For my part, at least, I'm not working on Wall Street. I am a Roleplaying Gamer. I like RPGs.

I am playing a RPG character in Vana'diel, and my character likes to raise chocobos from eggs, care for them, race them, and take them out riding around the beautiful world of Vana'diel.

My RPG character is not a banker or a stockbroker. My character likes to go fishing, dig with chocobos, and also to have adventures with her friends and with her Automaton.

Sometimes my RPG character thinks it would be nice to farm gil items, sometimes it is not something that my RPG character wants to do.

Sometimes she just travels around Vana'diel, admiring the scenery. Sometimes she just plays /emote games with her Automaton. Sometimes she solo's fierce NMs.

What I'm saying is that instead of "time is money", I would suggest that "time is a lot of possible experiences." Being able to enjoy those experiences is a very personal and individual resource, as it is the ability to enjoy life and be happy.

I'm happy when I go digging on my chocobo, it is fun.

It would be nice to know what the Digging Level is, since we know what most of the other in-game levels are.
    HOW can I love your response here any more than I do now? This was wonderful. Time is spent ENJOYING the game; it is for fun, it is a game, it is how YOU want to play the game, not how everyone else thinks YOU should play it (unless they are paying you to play the game, then that's a whole different conversation route lol)
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I call again for the chocobo digging skill level to be shown, not hidden. Since SE has the chocobo digging campaigns as part of some of the monthly limited events what is the point of hiding it? Since SE is offering help to skillup, why make it so hard to determine level(testing of the delay before initial digging when zoning). Other things in the game have been made easier for quality of life improvements, why not just display the chocobo digging skill level.
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've finally reached veteran chocobo digging based on 15s zone delay before I can dig. I call again to unhide the chocobo digging skill and a guild npc to be able to tell us our rank up test item. So far I have not found any data on what test item must be dug up to go from veteran to expert.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I still like to do ballista, w hich no one ever cared about becasue you can't get l33t l00t from it. It must seem shocking that anyone wants to do an activity in the game for fun's sake and not just to advance their character.
    (1)

Character
    Vetraubent
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 19
    Time is not money. Not everyone runs their life experience through a monetary gain\loss filter. Adventuring Fellow a waste of time? But I enjoy my adventuring fellow. Chocobo Raising a waste of time? But I enjoyed watching that little guy blossom!

Anything lost can be found again, except Time.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well if you're 110 woodworking, you should know that chocobo digging is the best way to FARM(I said FARM NOT BUY) for petrified logs, aside from when the VW event is active.
    I've vendored every petrified log i ever got from VW. And I got them a LOT. So even if I needed these, I doubt I would have done digging.

But it's fine, some people like it and I say power to them
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast