Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

A repatriation spell?

Ever since "Repatriation" has been available from Fields of Valor, I've wished that it could be available nautrally as a magic spell. I've always loved having my Homepoint in Bastok for all the easy access through OPs and Aht Urhgan teleport, but at the same time I like having my HP in other places across Vana'diel (currently I have it in Port Jeuno for Abyssea as most others do).

How about we get a low level black magic spell called "Repatriation," which can warp us back to our home nation? Preferably this spell could be used with blackmage as a sub, but doesn't have to be targetable on any player but yourself similar to "Warp."

What do you guys think?
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

I'm biased. Give it to SCH.
    (0)

With so many different ways to get around, i really don't see a need.

I certainly wouldn't oppose it, but not sure why it's needed.
    (0)

Character
    Starhopper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've been hoping for this spell for some time now.
    (0)

Player
    Haha well honestly I'm open to just about any mage job having it, just as long as I can use it with that job subbed. xD;; I only suggested blackmage since it seems similar to warp!
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Quote Originally Posted by Burmecia View Post
    How about we get a low level black magic spell called "Repatriation," which can warp us back to our home nation? Preferably this spell could be used with blackmage as a sub, but doesn't have to be targetable on any player but yourself similar to "Warp."
    Just give it to all mage jobs. ^^/
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Character
    Kasaioni
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Yea I've been thinking the same thing. But I think it should be a WHM spell, rather than BLM.
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think it's likely to happen, as a spell. Black Mage already has Warp, this would just be redundant. White Mage can only travel to telepoint crystals, which the nations don't have, and none of the other mage jobs have travel magic as it is, so it's unlikely they would get it. While one could argue that it's similar to Recall, which Black Mage gets, one can also say that Recall's existence is a function of -- okay this forum really needs a SPOILER tag because I'm not about to spoiler WotG plot elements -- anyways I think Recall only works because of certain plot elements, which is why I don't think BLM will be getting a Repatriation-type spell.

Also, the name of it ("Repatriation") really doesn't fit with the BLM theme.

More likely, I think, is that it may show up on something like a Warp Cudgel or Treat Staff (or Tidal Talisman). And I would like to see that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Volkai; 03-08-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Give "Repatriation" arrows to rangers and we can shoot players with it. Then RNGs will be useful again! But probably not. XD
    (1)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Durtiesweat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Id like that, but its as likely to be available as my pheonix down request. I would like easier access to my home nation since most the time im only homepoint to a place with a functioning AH and adventurers like WG and now lower jueno. But alot of times i wanna use my Outpost NPC since i have all outposts so that means at least 5-10 minutes travel time to get to my home nation and it sux everytime. Since i dont do fields of valor i dont have the credit to get repatriation. Id even like to see an rare item with this spell x10 too, that would prolly be more likely.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast