Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

The simplest solution for the Ballad overwrite issue, would be to add a Ballad+ piece of gear in a non-conflicting slot (maybe waist?) with other song enhancing gear to allow for parity between (useful/used) songs. Might want to wait to add it til the same time they do Empy+2/+3 reforges to make sure that the values match up. I just don't see the devs doing a major overhaul of the song system to accommodate changes to Ballad only... Seems like something ripe for being bug-infested and game-breaking too, which I personally would shy away from asking for. >_>
In case didn't see my solution I posted I'll quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
For those who wish to discuss this further and not be condescending like Songen here is my example situation.

party of 11, composed of

party 1 Tank, Whm, Geo, brd, DD, DD
party 2 DD, DD, DD, cor, whm

Brd Soul voices and CC's NT
Than pianissmo's ballad 3 on whm, cannot put any more ballads as ballad 2 would overwrite ballad 3

Brd then swaps to 2nd party, sings madrigal, madrigal, attack, daurdabla song1, daurdabla song 2, honor, victory
again pianissmo's ballad 3 on whm, and cannot put any more ballads as they would overwrite ballad 3

NT has worn by now and it is still impossible to overwrite other songs with ballads and because of the amount of songs it is impossible to have whm stand away
from the dd so that they do not receive the dd songs, as the max time for NT is 1 min 20 seconds with max NT merits you can get 15, maybe 16 songs off when you include swap time, pianissimo ja time and if swap is slow NT will not last long enough to get the 2nd party with full duration songs.

This is why I think ballads should act like hastes where the higher one cannot be overwritten by a lower one, thereby forcing one of the other songs off. After NT wears soul voice and cc still have a good 1 min 40 seconds left. I would like to apply 3 ballads 2 marches on myself so I would have more mp refresh to assist healing/na'ing alliance.

It makes no sense to reorder songs in this case to focus on ballads first as this is all about DD songs, dd's would benefit more from songs with longer duration, but to help support it would be good to have ballads on, but the song duration prevents this.

The only other solutions are to add more ballad + gear on slots that currently don't have all song or song duration on them. Adding more all song gear would just keep the ballad to other song gap the same. The current gap is 27% between acc/march compared to ballad duration.

Or to increase the base duration of ballads by 27%, 32.4s.

Ballad +2 on empyrean legs is not enough to bridge the gap between other songs. To match other songs legs would have to be Ballad +3.7
Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
But, if we're asking for new songs, then I'd prefer M.Acc/MAB songs, maybe even MBD/SCB for something more interesting?
SE said song palette is full, so they can only add new songs if they remove one. Massacre elegy is in game already so it takes up a song spot. MACC/MAB or MDB/SCB would be nice, but what would be removed if they added those types of songs?