Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Omen drops

  1. #1
    Player Eaglestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

    Omen drops

    So Ou is out, and one thing that really, really irks me is that scales drop from them. It's already annoying enough doing an Omen boss and getting double scales, as we do not get them often enough.

    For example, at the average 3 job cards per run, you could do Kyou 20 times for the 60 cards needed to +2 and +3, which will net you 20-30 scales...for the one upgrade you need. And the scales are completely worthless outside of the 5 upgrades for the job.

    So I ask you to do one or all of these things:

    1) Take scales out of the 2nd drop slot on the individual bosses and out of Ou's pool entirely.
    2) Allow us to trade the scales in for something (my preference: Allow scales to be traded in for the drops from the boss. Say 5 scales for common drop, 10 scales for uncommon, and 50 scales for body).
    3) Add the (1%~) body drops to Ou.
    (9)

  2. #2
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    I usually don't fight the bosses, but It sucks that almost none of my SMN's abilities can trigger stuff in this content. I want more cards and this really sucks for drops if I can't clear the challenges. :/

    I had a challenge to do 15k of magic dmg without a MB, and neither Flame Crush which did 32k (I know it's a hybrid but there was also drop an Enemies HP by 30k) or Meteor Strike which did 15618 DMG counted.

    I was also thinking that maybe the Transcended Mobs could have a small chance to drop a random card from all the jobs.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

  3. #3
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    So Ou is out, and one thing that really, really irks me is that scales drop from them. It's already annoying enough doing an Omen boss and getting double scales, as we do not get them often enough.

    For example, at the average 3 job cards per run, you could do Kyou 20 times for the 60 cards needed to +2 and +3, which will net you 20-30 scales...for the one upgrade you need. And the scales are completely worthless outside of the 5 upgrades for the job.

    So I ask you to do one or all of these things:

    1) Take scales out of the 2nd drop slot on the individual bosses and out of Ou's pool entirely.
    2) Allow us to trade the scales in for something (my preference: Allow scales to be traded in for the drops from the boss. Say 5 scales for common drop, 10 scales for uncommon, and 50 scales for body).
    3) Add the (1%~) body drops to Ou.
    I disagree w/ your 1) and 3). There really aren't any good reasons to alter the drop pools, and given the history on this type of issue it would be extremely unlikely that SE would break precedent and do so.
    2) could work if it was not trading in for actual drops, but cards would make sense. Allowing us to trade in scales for cards 1:1 wouldn't greatly change the rate we get cards or devalue the other drops, but would allow groups already on farm status to still get some benefit from scales. It would also give our default tanks/healers a chance to pick up the occasional card for their non-tank/healer jobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I usually don't fight the bosses, but It sucks that almost none of my SMN's abilities can trigger stuff in this content. I want more cards and this really sucks for drops if I can't clear the challenges. :/

    I had a challenge to do 15k of magic dmg without a MB, and neither Flame Crush which did 32k (I know it's a hybrid but there was also drop an Enemies HP by 30k) or Meteor Strike which did 15618 DMG counted.

    I was also thinking that maybe the Transcended Mobs could have a small chance to drop a random card from all the jobs.
    BST Ready moves don't count either. I think that the vast majority of pet abilities don't even trigger the check to determine if they should count or not right now.
    I like the idea of extra cards from Transcended mobs. ^^
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  4. #4
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Ou shouldn't be dropping scales, period. You have to kill the other 5 Caturae to complete Ou pops and guess what, those drop the scales you need (way more than you need really). It's really a slap in the face.

    Also since we're complaining about Omen, please adjust Sweetwater mob HP. How about fewer mobs with higher HP? Some of the objectives are unnecessarily difficult because of the mobs' low HP.
    (7)

  5. #5
    Player Eaglestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I disagree w/ your 1) and 3). There really aren't any good reasons to alter the drop pools, and given the history on this type of issue it would be extremely unlikely that SE would break precedent and do so.
    What about the scales being incredibly useless? The rate at which you consume scales is drastically different than the rate at which you consume cards. And now with Ou requiring a variety of boss clears that solves the issue of groups never really doing bosses for a certain scale. My group has been letting scales drop to the floor for over a month now.

    Edit: Messed up cards and scales, fixed now.
    (3)
    Last edited by Eaglestrike; 03-28-2017 at 05:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    What about the cards being incredibly useless? The rate at which you consume cards is drastically different than the rate at which you consume scales. And now with Ou requiring a variety of boss clears that solves the issue of groups never really doing bosses for a certain scale. My group has been letting scales drop to the floor for over a month now.
    Whether a certain group needs scales or not has no bearing on whether the loot pools should be changed for the normal bosses. It does sound annoying and confusing if Ou drops scales as well, assuming that they are in the same drop slots as gear.. If the scales are in their own drop slots, then that's not a problem.
    I haven't looked into it yet, so do we know for sure that the scales share a drop slot with equipment for Ou?

    I would see it as a nice bonus if we could trade in unwanted scales 1:1 for any card. ^^ Allows for upgrading gear for low demand jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 03-28-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  7. #7
    Player Eaglestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Whether a certain group needs scales or not has no bearing on whether the loot pools should be changed for the normal bosses. It does sound annoying and confusing if Ou drops scales as well, assuming that they are in the same drop slots as gear.. If the scales are in their own drop slots, then that's not a problem.
    I haven't looked into it yet, so do we know for sure that the scales share a drop slot with equipment for Ou?

    I would see it as a nice bonus if we could trade in unwanted scales 1:1 for any card. ^^ Allows for upgrading gear for low demand jobs.
    Ou drops 3-4 items each time, it's possible to get only 3 items and one be a scale. According to the bgwiki page on Ou the scales share the same drop slot as the equipment.

    As it stands now there's WAY too many scales. I'm okay with the rate at which I acquire cards, but scales are just dropping to nobody and the fact you can do a boss and get double scales and a 500k~ crafting item across 6-12 people is lame. The bodies that drop from the normal 5 bosses are extremely rare (I've killed Gin over 40 times at this point and haven't seen it) and I've been doing Omen daily since it came out and haven't seen a single body drop from any of the bosses. Now that it's more rewarding to farm the 5 KI's and do Ou than spam one boss, the chances of getting the body is greatly diminished. Body drops should be at least 5%, if not higher, because some of the bodies aren't even BiS (and the one I want is only BiS in a hybrid/melee DD-DT set). The bodies don't break the game by any means, they should not be as rare as defending rings.
    (5)

  8. #8
    Player Rwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    371
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree. I think there should be at least an open drop slot for equipment only. I also like the 2) suggestion in the OP. Gives me Delve vibes and I really consider that one of the best systems they've ever implemented. As long as you have the wins and an absurd amount of scales then yeah why not. Gives a better sense of reward when you're working toward something.

    Editted to add: If they are really concerned about interest waning then add more consumables, crafts, future NM pop items as options to trade scales or whatever system for. Delve while not as popular as it was is still useful for veteran players due to those reasons.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 03-28-2017 at 06:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Player Eaglestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I agree. I think there should be at least an open drop slot for equipment only. I also like the 2) suggestion in the OP. Gives me Delve vibes and I really consider that one of the best systems they've ever implemented. As long as you have the wins and an absurd amount of scales then yeah why not. Gives a better sense of reward when you're working toward something.

    Editted to add: If they are really concerned about interest waning then add more consumables, crafts, future NM pop items as options to trade scales or whatever system for. Delve while not as popular as it was is still useful for veteran players due to those reasons.
    Not only does it take from the Delve system, but it's a standard in other MMO's (Badges of Justice/Valor/etc. from WoW era dungeon grinds). You can still get lucky and save from the grind, but at least gives purpose to the grind each day instead of just hoping for random luck.

    Now that Ou is added they have created a system where you must farm all 5 regular NM's just to get to the next one, so they've semi-gated (semi because of the way you can use alts for this) Ou, which means you no longer need to keep incentive to grind the base Omen mobs. If they added relic+3 to Omen, they can simply create additional paths here as they see fit.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Eaglestrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    77
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Bumping this, as my group just did 5 Ou in a row (alts and such). We got a Regal necklace (our 4th I think, so not sure the person even plays COR much) and 4 scales. We didn't get a 2nd drop of equipment at all. That's 5 runs and 1 piece of Ou gear. We still haven't even seen two pieces, and are nowhere near done the pieces we have seen. The coral is now only 3mil, the other item that drops is 500k-2mil, and we take advantage of alliance content and letting more people come, so we have 8-12 people lotting on 3-5mil worth of items at the end. We're otherwise just farming cards, but I am stuck on my main job to insure an Ou win so I'm at full AF+3 with 54 THF cards. Ready for relic+3 I guess?

    Scales 100% need to be REMOVED from Ou. Whether or not you add bodies (you should) I'll let you surprise me. Otherwise I'm on the verge of taking another break, and I've got nothing else to do with my life.
    (6)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast