Good tidings, adventurers!
Matsui here with some details on the first version update of 2019.

With only a scant few days left in 2018, I can’t help but wonder—where did the time go? Maybe I’m just getting older, but each year seems to go quicker than the last.

The January 2019 version update brings with it the first entries in what promises to be a year full of job updates. We’re starting out with some adjustments to the dragoon and dancer jobs, and have decided to focus on making some of their abilities a bit easier to use. We’ve heard a lot of your feedback about our direction for job adjustments, and I’d like to offer you some additional explanations around the time of the version update to help make sure we’re all on the same page.

The team also continues to take your opinions and suggestions about existing content into account, and to that end we’ve reviewed the conditions for completing certain Records of Eminence objectives. Specifically, we’re adjusting Besieged-related objectives so that you can still receive credit even if the advancing forces push you back. We think that this should help alleviate some of the frustration you may have been feeling around these objectives.

For Ambuscade, in addition to the monthly updates you’ve come to expect over the past couple years, we’ve also increased the number of Hallmarks and Badges of Gallantry that players can obtain. These adjustments affect difficulties from “Very Easy” to “Difficult” for Vol. 2 Ambuscades for so that players who are still in the process of gearing up for more difficult content are able to catch up at a quicker pace than before.

And of course, what would January be without the I Dream of Mog Bonanza winning number announcement? Members of the development and operations teams are forbidden from purchasing marbles, but whatever pangs of jealousy I might feel are more than surpassed by knowing some of you will be able to receive fabulous prizes.

And that brings our 2018 producer letters to a close! This year was a wonderful one for FINAL FANTASY XI, and I thank you all for your steadfast support. Let 2019 bring us all even more smiles and fun times!

Below is the usual version update table for January. As always, some last-minute issues may arise that prevent all of these entries from being added.

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskIn-progress Task
JanuaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Adjust amount of hallmarks obtained
・Adjust amount of gallantry obtained
-
JanuaryRecords of Eminence・Adjust objective criteria-
JanuaryPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-
Battle-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
JanuaryDragoon・Adjust certain abilities-