Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Can't play the game. No inventory space!

Hi SE,
    I play 8 MASTERED jobs to different degrees and never have more than 10 free inventory slots on any given day.

I'm nearly 80/80 in all of my item storage containers. I have used every storage NPC and storage slip available. I do NOT have any furnishings or decorative items, beyond what is necessary to have 80 inventory slots for Storage.

Can you please fix our inventory situation? There currently is nowhere to put Escha-zone armor. Some suggestions include:

1.) Make certain containers like Safe/Storage/Locker only visible (loaded) when entering the Mog House or Mog Garden ....then add Mog Wardrobe 5, 6 and 7.

2.) Allow us to store Escha-zone Armor with or without augments, at an NPC, like some old NPCs currently allow with Event Armor. We can simply go to this new NPC to retrieve our armor at a later time.

3.) Perhaps we store augmented armor by writing the augment to a new Slip and store the unaugmented piece of armor at a new NPC. When we retrieve the un-augmented armor, we can apply the Augment Slip to it. Perhaps we can move augments around armor pieces in the same set, if you feel inclined to allow it, but this is not necessary.

Thank you for reading.
    (0)

Player
    I'm not a dev, but I can answer these from what the devs have said about this issue:

1a. No. Safe1/Safe2/Storage/Locker are required to be visible from outside the Mog House at this point due to the way that lockstyle works. Your request would require removing functioning code and breaking function of an existing game system, for nearly zero gain for players.
    1b. No. They've straight up said that it is a technical impossibility to add any further wardrobes, so this is something that is never going to happen. There was even a big fuss on JPside about some casual comment that Fujito said, which caused them to clarify that all was currently copacetic but adding anything more to the storage system would basically break the game.

2. No. The way the augment system works on the backend does not allow for proper storage of any form of augment variance. The only augmented items that are possible to store are reforged relic armor because there is zero variance in the augments. In their case, it's simply a 0/1 on/off flag which does not store any of the actual stat data in it.

3. ... Not from the devs since they've never addressed this suggestion directly before as far as I can tell, but IMO, this is insane (in a bad way.) You even go so far as to ask for it to be highly abusable, capable of bypassing the RNG aspect of most current augment systems and capable of transferring the ones you want to save to a different piece of equipment! XD So again, IMO, no.

I would personally be ecstatic if they could simply add the ability to remove augments completely from Escha/Reisen gear, preferably including Escha-Ru'aun abjuration/cursed gear. At least then we could POLsend no longer needed equipment to alts/mules. This is something within the range of possibility, unlike your requests. ^^;;

Small request: We need a UNM Storage Slip. All UNM equipment drops, including both NQ/HQ versions for those pieces that have them, will fit onto a single slip. I've always been baffled as to why there isn't one already...
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm not a dev, but I can answer these from what the devs have said about this issue:
    1a. No. Safe1/Safe2/Storage/Locker are required to be visible from outside the Mog House at this point due to the way that lockstyle works.
    That, and /itemsearch wouldn't function correctly.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I appreciate the feedback guys, but your comments make it seem like any hope for inventory expansion is pointless. (Yes, my suggestions were intentionally grandiose in some aspects, but that was to provoke a response from SE, not you guys. (I failed).

I'll go back to staring at shouts in town.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I appreciate the feedback guys, but your comments make it seem like any hope for inventory expansion is pointless. (Yes, my suggestions were intentionally grandiose in some aspects, but that was to provoke a response from SE, not you guys. (I failed).

I'll go back to staring at shouts in town.
    I understand your position. There have been times where I have been 80/80 throughout (being a cook and fisherman doesn't help). Which means that sometimes I have to spend a good length of time trying to narrow down what I need and don't need before I can go out and actually do, well, most things.

I would have thought that if SE 'could' add more storage space, they would have already? It's an extra income source for a start.
    (0)

Player
    Our best hope would be more along the lines of new Storage Slips, rather than asking for actual storage expansions (that have already been declared not possible due to technical limitations.)

There are plenty of more imaginative methods of reducing our clutter too.

I'll suggest again that they should add an NPC which exchanges Empyrean Armor materials for I-seal Kupons at a 8~10:1 ratio. Ideally, I propose to allow any/all Empyrean Armor seals/mats to be traded in for points which would be used to purchase relevant kupons. This alone would free up at least 100 inventory slots per account for me for example. <,<;; Yes, I am a hoarder.

It could also save us quite a bit of space if all Ex tagged stackable items were increased to 99 per stack. There are far too many Ex items that only stack to 12 for no logical reason. (Limiting this to Ex items ensures that there are no concerns w/ AH adjustment, (which is an excuse that has come up before for not changing 12>99,) and I can't come up with even a single negative to argue against it.

Unlike UNMs, I've never counted up how many R/EX drops there are from Escha/Reisen zones, but if under the system limit, that'd be another potential space saver Storage slip.

... I think that suggestions like these at least have a more-than-zero chance of happening, and are potentially simple additions that could provide significant QoL improvements for many of us. Although, I have a feeling that the Empy NPC would either be surprisingly simple or astonishingly complex to implement on the coding/dev end of things... Here's hoping for simple. lol
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Our best hope would be more along the lines of new Storage Slips, rather than asking for actual storage expansions (that have already been declared not possible due to technical limitations.)

There are plenty of more imaginative methods of reducing our clutter too.

I'll suggest again that they should add an NPC which exchanges Empyrean Armor materials for I-seal Kupons at a 8~10:1 ratio. Ideally, I propose to allow any/all Empyrean Armor seals/mats to be traded in for points which would be used to purchase relevant kupons. This alone would free up at least 100 inventory slots per account for me for example. <,<;; Yes, I am a hoarder.

It could also save us quite a bit of space if all Ex tagged stackable items were increased to 99 per stack. There are far too many Ex items that only stack to 12 for no logical reason. (Limiting this to Ex items ensures that there are no concerns w/ AH adjustment, (which is an excuse that has come up before for not changing 12>99,) and I can't come up with even a single negative to argue against it.

Unlike UNMs, I've never counted up how many R/EX drops there are from Escha/Reisen zones, but if under the system limit, that'd be another potential space saver Storage slip.

... I think that suggestions like these at least have a more-than-zero chance of happening, and are potentially simple additions that could provide significant QoL improvements for many of us. Although, I have a feeling that the Empy NPC would either be surprisingly simple or astonishingly complex to implement on the coding/dev end of things... Here's hoping for simple. lol
    Respectfully, to your first point, you shouldn't be holding to any Empy AF+1 papers because you can farm 5 Kupon I-seals for 1 HKC30 using a Zelos Orb in Bearclaw pinnacle. (100 Kupon I-Seals for all jobs AF3+1 (20 jobs x 5 pieces per job) is just 9-10 stacks worth. That'll free up A LOT of your inventory right there. Maybe SE should just permanently shortcut the AF+1 process to reduce the need for these middle-stage pre-level 90 upgrade processes?

However, if you're referring to Empy AF+2 materials, I still think SE should short-cut that upgrade process, similar to how Forgotten Items can be skipped with Dynamis currency. However, allowing us to bypass upgrade processes, while it is helpful, doesn't increase inventory space, it just allows us to drop more items. (If you have all of your gear upgraded already on 10, 15, 20 jobs, you're forced to use slips, much too frequently.

To your second point, I agree, all Ex items should be stackable to 99, instead of 12. That would be a huge help. (They did this with Empy Weapon materials, like Alfard Fangs, etc).

I hope SE does something because I like this game way too much to not be allowed to quickly transition between many jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Respectfully, to your first point, you shouldn't be holding to any Empy AF+1 papers because you can farm 5 Kupon I-seals for 1 HKC30 using a Zelos Orb in Bearclaw pinnacle. (100 Kupon I-Seals for all jobs AF3+1 (20 jobs x 5 pieces per job) is just 9-10 stacks worth. That'll free up A LOT of your inventory right there. Maybe SE should just permanently shortcut the AF+1 process to reduce the need for these middle-stage pre-level 90 upgrade processes?

However, if you're referring to Empy AF+2 materials, I still think SE should short-cut that upgrade process, similar to how Forgotten Items can be skipped with Dynamis currency. However, allowing us to bypass upgrade processes, while it is helpful, doesn't increase inventory space, it just allows us to drop more items. (If you have all of your gear upgraded already on 10, 15, 20 jobs, you're forced to use slips, much too frequently.

To your second point, I agree, all Ex items should be stackable to 99, instead of 12. That would be a huge help. (They did this with Empy Weapon materials, like Alfard Fangs, etc).

I hope SE does something because I like this game way too much to not be allowed to quickly transition between many jobs.
    Farming I-Seals only work during a randomly available campaign, which does not address the remaining majority of the year. I'd imagine they would still want the original Empyrean items to have some sort of value/use too, which my idea does allow for. I'm not demanding implementation immediately, and it was meant more as an example that there are other potential solutions for quite a few types of bag-hog items.

As a minor correction, the Forgotten Items are actually the newer/shortcut method for upgrading Relic armor instead of the original, more pricey Dynamis currency route. ^^;; (Yes, it was definitely more expensive to upgrade the old way vs using Forgottens at the time they were added.)
    (1)

Player
    The need for more storage needs to be priority number one right now. I would even forestall other job adjustments until this is addressed. The dev team saying it can't be done is not a valid answer.

If no further storage can be provided, they need to stop making new items altogether.
    (3)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Can we get a Storage Slip that holds all of the Storage Slips? That'd free up 20+ slots to start (just kidding, ofc).

I don't grasp why the Porter Moogle uses Storage Slips at all. Why is it that we can't just trade all (not just some selected sets) of the non-Aug, non-Charges Rare/Ex equipment directly to the Porter Moogle and have it all appear on a list of submenus by category in the same way the Item Storer NPCs worked?
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast