Character
    Astronovus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Character stuck in "Downloading Data..." from Character Select Screen when logging in

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Spectrum
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable/modem
    Internet Connection Speed: 100Mbps
    Date & Time: Dec. 14, 2018 ~01:30 EST
    Frequency: Every attempt to log in
    Character Name: Astronovus
    Race: Elvaan
    World: Quetzalcoatl
    Main Job: White Mage
    Support Job: Red Mage
    Area and Coordinates: Reisenjima G-9
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:
    I was in a capacity points party as the White Mage healer and disconnected around 1:30 a.m. EST, it said my connection timed out(I didn't catch the exact error). I tried logging back in, and after selecting my character from the character select screen, I would get stuck in the black "Downloading Data..." screen unable to get into game, and then the connection times out and sends me back to FFXI title screen where i try to select character and try again. I kept trying several times. Reset modem, reset router, restarted computer, and no changes. I get stuck at the same place each time. I tried logging in to another character on the same account named Fifthedition, and it did work. I am able to log in on that character on Asura server. But I cannot log in on Astronovus.

-----------------------

Update 14 Dec 2018:

Thank you for the reply Sirmarki, that fixed the issue! Connected to moblie hotspot on my phone and I was able to log back in to my character. Then i disconnected and logged back in on my home wi-fi and everything turned out okay.
    (0)
    Last edited by AstroXI; 12-15-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Have you got access to another internet connection provider, or through your a phone? I've heard this method can log you in, once logged in, you will then be able to go back to your original connection.
    (3)