Character
    Frebaut
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80

POL password reset Delay? Answer found!!

I re subbed today and my old POL password did not work. I reset the password and when I tried to log back in it still says, "Password incorrect". Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before I try to log in?

My POL PS was correct, It was the additional Member Password you needed to log into the POL account. I found this in my original paperwork. As far as I know you need SE help to reset this if you loose it or forget it.
    (0)
    Last edited by frebaut; 12-11-2018 at 04:12 AM. Reason: found answer

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

One thing to make sure of, is that you're actually entering the password PlayOnline Viewer is asking for, and that it is asking for the password it's supposed to be asking for.

It will ask for the PlayOnline password if a Square Enix ID has not been set in the PlayOnline Viewer's member settings (which will also require for the PlayOnline password to be set and saved there).

Once that is done, it should be asking for your Square Enix account password instead, which is required to be able to log in after the linking of PlayOnline and SqEX accounts.

I hope your issue is as simple as this. You would definitely not be the first, nor the last one to hit it. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    POL password is also case sensitive. Make sure you are entering the new password exactly the same as you set it to.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Frebaut
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    One thing to make sure of, is that you're actually entering the password PlayOnline Viewer is asking for, and that it is asking for the password it's supposed to be asking for.

It will ask for the PlayOnline password if a Square Enix ID has not been set in the PlayOnline Viewer's member settings (which will also require for the PlayOnline password to be set and saved there).

Once that is done, it should be asking for your Square Enix account password instead, which is required to be able to log in after the linking of PlayOnline and SqEX accounts.

I hope your issue is as simple as this. You would definitely not be the first, nor the last one to hit it. :]
    I have my SQ E account linked to pol. When I log into POL I click on my account(the one that has your SE: ID listed). Then it asks for members password. So I enter in my SE password. Am I missing something?
    (0)

Character
    Frebaut
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    POL password is also case sensitive. Make sure you are entering the new password exactly the same as you set it to.
    Thank you I did already know this.
    (0)

Character
    Frebaut
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    It's the members password I do not remember, not sure where to reset it. It's the extra password you set up when making a new pol account.
    (1)

Player
    In POL, select your account, then go to Settings.

At the top is where you put in your POL ID (ex: ABCD1234, should always be this format I believe,) then toggle the line below to "Save", then one line below is where you enter your POL PW. At the very bottom of the settings screen, enter in your SE ID (this is the same as your login here on the website) and toggle whether you use a One Time Pass or not. Make sure to save the settings.

If done correctly, when you try to login to the account, you should be asked for your SE PW (same as the one you use here,) and One-Time Password if you turned it on in Settings.

Everything is case-sensitive.

If you've forgotten your POL password, then you can login to your Account Management page here (link on main POL frontpage in top-right corner,) and change the POL password there.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Frebaut
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 80
    Thank you, I figured it out.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by frebaut View Post
    It's the members password I do not remember, not sure where to reset it. It's the extra password you set up when making a new pol account.
    That one is only tied to the PlayOnline Viewer Member Connection (which is more like a container for account credentials, than an account), and is only saved on the particular machine it's used on.

If you were to set it, and forgot what it was set to, all you would need to do, is “register” a new member account via the viewer again (the word 'register' feels a bit weird to me here, since one could create and add an account with bogus info just as well, which isn't exactly registered anywhere but there... if that makes any sense... well it was early 2000 after all, so the terms are what they are).

Glad you figured it all out!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.