Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

SMN weather question

I started the SMN unlock quest and started to gather the weather throughout the different zones. I stopped for a good while, in which time I have lost track of the weather I have collected (and not collected). Is there a way to see what weather I have collected already? I thought I got them all, but I'm not being able to progress due to nothing happening when I click on the Windhurst door.
    (0)

Player
    I don't think there is, but it's pretty easy to get them all (except fire)

You just have to retry each one until you get the one you're missing.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There is no way to check. You'll just have to have kept track and as she said go redo them all.

Also as she said, red(fire) is annoyingly difficult, and highest percent of chance is Valkurm dunes or both East & West Altepa deserts.

If you have access to the final room in Reisenjima Sanctorium, that room gets weather change every few minutes thru all of them fast.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    There is no way to check. You'll just have to have kept track and as she said go redo them all.

Also as she said, red(fire) is annoyingly difficult, and highest percent of chance is Valkurm dunes or both East & West Altepa deserts.

If you have access to the final room in Reisenjima Sanctorium, that room gets weather change every few minutes thru all of them fast.
    That's the thing. I did have a list which I was checking off. I remember getting Fire weather from the dunes, water and thunder from the marshlands, earth from the canyon. As I said, I thought I collected them all. Maybe it's clear weather I'm missing, but I have walked into the likes of the cape when it is sunny and clear blue skies, yet nothing happened.
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I could be wrong because I did the quest too long ago but I think you can only get the CSes in open areas
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkValefor View Post
    I could be wrong because I did the quest too long ago but I think you can only get the CSes in open areas
    I believe you are correct. It is mainly the 'older' areas where it counts.
    (0)

Player
    There IS technically a way to check which elements you have gathered (if my dusty over-a-decade-old memory of this is not mistaken AND it has not been changed since NA PS2 launch,) and it is pretty cool from a lore perspective, but it's quite annoying to do.

You have to find a rainbow in La Theine Plateau. The weather element/colors that you have not collected should be missing from it if you have the SMN flag quest active... EX: If you have all but fire, then the rainbow will be missing the red portion of it.

This requires rainy weather to end during daylight hours gametime and move to clear weather (not cloudy.)

... Good luck!
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkValefor View Post
    I got both my Ice and Dark in Ranguemont Pass, so no it is not restricted to open areas.
    (0)

Player
    I got both my Ice and Dark in Ranguemont Pass, so no it is not restricted to open areas.
    No, you didn't.
    To clarify: "Outdoor" means that you may not zone into a cave or dungeon area to obtain a color.
    First of all, dark weather is not a condition. Second of all you got ice 100% by being IN R pass, then zoning into the glacier, where you actually got it.
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    No, you didn't.

First of all, dark weather is not a condition. Second of all you got ice 100% by being IN R pass, then zoning into the glacier, where you actually got it.
    Correction to your clarification: I've been playing game on multiple characters and have helped MANY people with SMN quest, and ALL of them have gotten Ice weather by entering Ranguemont Pass when Ice weather was present, then exiting back out to East Ronfaure, NOT by going into Beaucedine Glacier. (Yes dark is not needed for SMN quest, but it still occurs in there; my mistake. I just happened to remember both ice & dark are present in there and typed it in as habit of giving information.)

So before you go on trying to tell me I am wrong (as you seem to do to SO many people on this forums on MANY occasions I have seen you accusing them of either not knowing stuff or just being plain snotty to them like a know-it-all instead of actually helping them plainly, where this clearly shows you are not), get your facts straight and/or do your own research.

thank you.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast