Character
    Tallywally
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

New Job possibility?

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA/SUGGESTION

As we know there is new content in the form of add ons possibly due for this game, me and my LS were having a discussion about this and came up with a good idea for a new job that could utilise old/unused content and come in with the new Add-ons. (going by what was said in a few interviews, however they have contradicted this info a few times, so lets say, its hopeful that there may be an add on or two)

The job would be as follows, instead of having a pet, you yourself are the monster, there is similar renditions of this in FFTA.
    i know i know "but isnt that just blu?" no, im talking a bit more complex than that.
    we have monstrosity, but no one uses it, it has no real end game value and that is a shame, so why not make monstrosity part of the new job.
    you are the monster, you can be in parties with others, you will have limits like every job in the game.

The job should allow the player to transform into a monster and use its abilities in battle (scale down larger monsters of course so they arent obstructive), similar to summoner and beast, there should be timers as to how often you can transform back and forth to change monster.
    your 1hours could allow you to change into bigger monsters like a behemoth or so for a short period of time, or work like a berserk function.
    to use monsters not in monstrosity, you would need to catch it on the job and level it in monstrosity.

make it a job that can use every weapon (NOT REMAS, it should have its own rema) and the weapon should correspond to the monster you are looking to change into.
    the gear should be respective to that as well.
    a magic monster should wear magic gear, a physical should use physical and so on.
    it should have its own AF and light abilities to use outside of monster form (nothing amazing, just stuff to buff itself or so to prepare to change into what it wants to become)
    Example: you want to use a tonberry, there is different types of tonberries but most iconic is the dagger, you use a dagger, you use magic and some physical gear to assist your stats as that monster.
    when you want to change, you have to change nearly everything to match the new monster to make it as strong as you can.
    ( hand to hands for Mandies, staff for a soulflayer and such)

so whilst BLU can use a move or maybe two from certain mobs and stack a set together, youd utilise the full spectrum of attacks (within reason) from the monster you choose to be.

subjobs should still be used and should give some bonuses or abilities dependant on the monster type, so magic monsters could gain access to a few spells from the subjob, a melee could gain access to provoke from having /war sub.

i think itd be a fun job, i would definitely level it and spend ages in monstrosity to use it.
    it would add a new front line diverse job, like BLU, SMN and SCH are quite diverse in what they can do, this could be a new frontline job to make things more interesting.

this is just an idea, but if it happens, id be all over this in a heartbeat.
    (0)
    Last edited by Talaya; 12-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Talaya View Post
    As we know there is new content in the form of add ons due for this game
    Enlighten me, please?
    (0)

Player
    As in; there are still entire continents that could be explored.

(0)

Character
    Tallywally
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Enlighten me, please?
    it was mentioned in an interview recently, but for the life of me i cant find a link to the correct one, they said there will be no expansions but they will be adding things, something was mentioned about add ons (like abyssea was more of an add on or the mini add ons like the Crystal Line Prohpecy)
    we were just told to wait for the FFXI 2018 fanfest to see what was in store.
    (0)