Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Comming back for free week

I saw FFXI was having a free week. I mainly play FFXIV now but they are having maintenance now so I thought I try some FFXI.

So my question is what do you even do in FFXI now as a goal in the game?

I logged in and am so confused the game doesn't give you any direction or tell you what to do, but it was always like that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 11-15-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's up too you really, you can go questing, MSQ, leveling, crafting, unlocking Trusts, doing BCNM's and so forth. It's really what do you feeling like doing.
    (1)

I beat the all of the story lines. I got +1 af gear or something the 119 version. I remember soloing ark angle fights or something on very easy to get items to upgrade AF1 armor. They added more merit points since I played and job points weren't a thing when I played. Not even sure where you would go to get exp now. I think I got 1 job point so far. But do I really need job point stuff none of it looks that interesting, more hate on invincible or 1 point of less damage on holy circle doesn't seem too good.

Do you basically solo all content with trusts now?

I am basically stuck in Jeuno cause I don't remember how you get anywhere else that isn't Jeuno.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 11-15-2018 at 04:28 PM.

I was trying to look up how to upgrade my abyssea gear on blue gartr and it says I need to do something called Vagary but its pretty confusing on how you do it. Says something about you need 3 items from gates and a full set of ward key items. I mean how do I even get this stuff?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I was trying to look up how to upgrade my abyssea gear on blue gartr and it says I need to do something called Vagary but its pretty confusing on how you do it. Says something about you need 3 items from gates and a full set of ward key items. I mean how do I even get this stuff?
    Vagary is not really solo content. Only the alliance leader needs the KIs and both the maps (which you don't have access to in-game) and the spawn triggers are immensely confusing until you memorize them from experience. Rather than trying to figure out how to do it yourself, I suggest finding a group for it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I saw FFXI was having a free week. I mainly play FFXIV now but they are having maintenance now so I thought I try some FFXI.

So my question is what do you even do in FFXI now as a goal in the game?

I logged in and am so confused the game doesn't give you any direction or tell you what to do, but it was always like that.
    You make your own goals. That's the beauty of this game.
    (0)

Player
    Vagary now has solo content
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Vagary now has solo content
    I am not going to recommend that to a freebie returner... I haven't found much info on it so far, haven't done it myself, and I believe that the patch notes said that there are no reward items at all, so again.. rather than try to figure out the system and memorize maps and boss pop trigger conditions and etc. just find a group who is doing their weekly farming runs.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    He's on Phoenix, there is no "group doing anything" he's the only active player
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I am not going to recommend that to a freebie returner... I haven't found much info on it so far, haven't done it myself, and I believe that the patch notes said that there are no reward items at all, so again.. rather than try to figure out the system and memorize maps and boss pop trigger conditions and etc. just find a group who is doing their weekly farming runs.
    I've soloed one of the bosses with the new system, on SAM, in pretty basic gear (Ambuscade). Beating the boss only gets you a clear for the upgrades, it does not count for the RoE's.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast