Character
    Tairis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 70

Videocard not compatible?

Hello everyone! I'm an old FFXI player and also a FFXIV player too! Sometimes i come back on FFXI whenever i want or when there is some free login.

I have played FFXI for some years (from 2006 to 2010/11 circa) always without any issue. Now i have reinstalled the game through Steam (i have re-purchased it in order to have the new expansion packs and add on scenarios) but in those years i have replaced my PC desktop with a notebook. The PC itself it's not very powerful but, compared to the old one, it's much better.

For some reason the game seems to not run perfectly, it goes very slow, lag issues, even with the game settings to minimun.

It seems like the game see only the Vram (128mb) insist of the true 1.7gb videocard (not sure if i'm saying the right thing) the videocard of my notebook it's an Intel HD Graphics (i have attached my Dxdiag log so, maybe someone much expert can see it) and i cannot find a solution in order to use the full power of my videocard on FFXI. I don't have any issue with most recent game... maybe FFXI it's too old for this new type of Videocard? Someone have a workaround?

Thank you for you help

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iKhMcLR3N0W0a-947dtBjcad4YReG51B
    (0)

Player
    FFXI is indeed too old to take full advantage of modern video cards. I've actually had better luck playing on laptops w/ integrated graphics than a desktop with a stand-alone card.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tairis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 70
    The problem is that my Notebook (Acer) have an integrated Intel HD videocard which I cannot switch FFXI to run on the dedicated one. No options in BIOS, no options into the control panel... It seems I'm stuck.
    (0)