Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Culinarians have been forgotten on brand new food cooking recipes...

Hello, Dev Team. I've been wondering for a long time regarding the status of brand new cooking recipes for new foods. Back in May 2017, Su3 gear craft recipes and Cooking Marine Stewpot were released. Then later I made a thread at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ideas?p=597559 about high combo stat food ideas after looking at Marine Stewpot as inspiration for some real serious food recipes with big focus of endgame coming to mind due to high accuracy requirements. Then we received the Dev response july 17th, 2017 :

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hi, everyone!

Thank you for those tasty suggestions!
    We've shared your responses with the dev. team and they mentioned that there will be more food added in the future.
    We hope that the new dishes sate your appetite!

Please look forward to the next meals being served up!
    My only complaint at that time was that Marine Stewpot was non-stackable and hoped they would at least make new foods that are stackable

At the current standing, there's various foods that are readily available with the Curio Moogles which eliminated the need to craft some of those food items due to that convenience, but I don't see that as a bad thing or a problem. However, there's alot of foods that give just about the same or similar amount of stats to just 1 single category like only attack or only accuracy but no matter which food it is, it still has the same similar cap to stats as any old level 75 cap era days food, just the difference is different ingredients so it's just more options to choose which food to use but that doesn't help at all.
    I liked the stats from Marine Stewpot and thought about coming up with other foods recipes like one with very high Accuracy and Attack with STR/DEX in the mix or Ranged Attack and Ranged accuracy with STR/AGI.

I had big concerns all the way up to this year since when they released Su3 Raetic weapons back in august/september 2017, without any response, without any word or follow-up regarding new Cooking recipes. I posted every now and then at the time in hopes on some follow-up with the lack of new recipes with the ideas we shared for the devs, but it seemed that they dropped the ball and it's like a big missed opportunity for Culinarians to making newer recipes to sell new food to the public for their business. Every other craft (barring fishing) has had new recipes they make to sell, but Cooking on the other hand fell short completely, nothing was clarified on the status with food, so hopes felt kinda shattered.

And then ever since the Devs introduced Altana's Repast which required the final Cooking Shield KI Culinarian's Aurum Tome, they completely skipped over any possible recipes that could be used with Stage 3 Cooking Shield KI Argentum Tome.

And compared to other crafts, Cooking only has 1 recipe that requires Argentum Tome KI and 1 recipe for Aurum Tome. It's such a huge gap compared to other crafts and like i said, such a huge missed opportunity for Culinarians who lack new foods to bring to the public. Culinarians really got the short end of the stick even if we were to complete the Cooking Shield.

All other crafts are able to profit so much from this, but Cooking wouldn't because of such a huge gap where cooking only has 1 recipe each from stage 3 KI and completed shield KI so none of that is going to make up for the huge loss (waste) of gil, for the final stage at least
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-21-2018 at 02:19 AM.