Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Pet Magic Accuracy + 20 (-_-;)

I want to be enthusiastic... I really do, but I'm just incredibly disappointed with the recent update to Beastmaster.

I know I had my hopes up, but this really appears an rather half-efforted replacement for pet enmity +20. The Tali'ah +2 set and new Pangu have wonderful amounts of Pet Magic Accuracy. +20 feels like too little, too late to be useful, and hardly a replacement for the gap in enmity control which bst currently has.

I had my hopes up for Snarl: Pet enmity +20

I understood the reasoning for the change to be that the pet enmity bonus was not conducive to Beastmaster engaging with pet like traditional DD in non-pet parties. I Understand SE really wants beastmasters to engage, and I appreciate the subtle changes that help enable this.

However, I feel like many of the choices are trying to force bst into this role instead of enable it to take this role. (REducing the Pet command range is 1 example).

The change I was hoping for would enable bst to be a party-included damage dealer without sacrificing the enmity option. This change hurt those who want to have their pets tank.

Also my suggestion would enable Pet Enmity gear be useful with snarl.

Most players nag and whine for more power creep. I'm suggesting some utility adjustments which honestly feel like they are missing and should have already been present.

Creativity and flexibility in a job to tackle different fights are one of the most fun aspects of Final Fantasy XI. (Its why I prefer it to FFXIV). Its just a bit discouraging when it feels like I can't play the job I prefer for any high level content. Bst doesn't have a party or alliance roll, and it scales up worse than other jobs (it scales down better than any imo).
    (4)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    I agree I put out a idea awhile back for pet based aura buffs based on role of pet but that got shot down and from what u said pet tank is getting ruined doubt I'll ever come back to ff11
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I lowered my expectations to the lowest they ever been, in playing this game for 10 years ...and yet I still cannot describe how disappointed I am.

Just #DeleteBST and put us out of our misery.
    (2)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes, I would like to be able to Pet Tank on Beastmaster. The reason we cannot do it well is because of Enmity management. Snarl is a Fantastic tool. However, we don't have anything much to pair it with. Its pretty much the parallel to Dragoon's High Jump at present. Its a way to try to save the master when he's taken too much hate. Which is never in a party, and always when solo. It can be so much more w/out even changing the ability itself.

We can actually manage a really good Pet Enmity set now. Heyoka/+1 set + Rimeice Earring + Domesticator's Earring + Primal Belt + Izizoeksi make for very nice Pet Enmity.

However, There is not really a good time to swap it in. The best time would be during Snarl. You shift all enmity from Master onto pet. However, I tested this and Pet Enmity gear does not modify any enmity transferred thru Snarl. I don't see a good reason why it shouldn't. In fact its an ideal use for pet enmity set on bst. So much that it seems that it is not working right.

I also tested Self-targeted Ready moves. ie Zealous Snort, Scissor Guard, Bubble Curtain, Metallic body, Secretion, Etc.

They generate no enmity whatsoever. I generate more enmity on master sending the heel command.

Its seems consistent and natural that Pet buffing ready moves should Generate enmity on the pet.

I'm sure they are simply oversights. They are details that were most likely not considered when the changes made to Beastmaster and Ready. Very understandable.

So why not fill out the enmity tools?
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    /sigh

Figured it'd end up being something like this, but seriously? Macc+1 per pt? This couldn't have been +2 or higher? Heck, it's only macc. This could be +10 per and it wouldn't have created any actual balance issues. :/ If we could land pet debuffs reliably, that could potentially care out a niche for us in group play. We do have some unique and powerful pet debuffs, but not the pet macc to make it worthwhile to use a party slot for that purpose.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Uhmm between Familiar and Tali'ah +2 set (even better if you have beastmaster collar 1/2 and Ankusa Axe/Pangu) debuffs from ready moves land quite reliably
    so 20 Pet MAcc is not very noticeable
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilk; 11-10-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Uhmm between Familiar and Tali'ah +2 set (even better if you have beastmaster collar 1/2 and Ankusa Axe/Pangu) debuffs from ready moves land quite reliably
    so 20 Pet MAcc is not very noticeable
    That was my point. Even if it were a total of pet macc+200, it would not have broken anything, so the measly +20 is borderline pointless.. Meh, at least I won't have to worry as much about tanks sucking and my pet surprise-tanking anymore.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Solamon
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

SE JP Favoratism

Y do they Change bst cause 1 japanese guy wants to tank instead of his pet this hurts us all who want pet to tank but were english so SE wont care or even read our forums
    (2)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Solamon View Post
    Y do they Change bst cause 1 japanese guy wants to tank instead of his pet this hurts us all who want pet to tank but were english so SE wont care or even read our forums
    For me... I don't know how it was so sudden that they made this change from 1 guys' complaint on the jp forums when they talked about their playstyle... like really? BST was working as intended for long years before the devs decided to nerf the range of bst pet commands and that pretty much shifted a lot in playstyle. I really don't get this logic
    (0)

Player
    Pet:enmity was one of the few categories that could be detrimental to the play of the job. There aren't many categories of job point that can potentially HURT the job. There may be times you don't want your pet tanking, but you have no choice if you wanted to be master Su5.

PUP martial arts category is one of the few other categories like this. They genuinely seem to not care in the slightest about the issues with martial arts though. it really would be great to remove the tp penalty, it's not really going to make hand-to-hand suddenly super strong or anything. Just more fair.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-11-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast