Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Chawizawd
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Bastok Mission 1-3

This mission requires you to obtain 4 pieces Quadav fetich items. Im finding it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to just obtain 1 in and hour due to the mass number of people farming them for spheres in Palborough Mines. Is there an alternate option to obtaining these items?
    AH prices if there are any available go for 50k-150k a piece.
    (0)

Player
    Ok, so, the botting of these is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. But, you can make 500k in a couple minutes, buying them is not really a huge issue. It's unfortunate.

Every single thing connected to crafting shields is a massive mistake that square will likely never correct.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I have pointed out the botting issue since February 2018, but nothing has been done.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...for-Escutcheon
    (1)

Character
    Chawizawd
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks for the reply. I guess my next option will be to wait for them to populate in the AH
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Can do what I did....
    Send a /tell to the suspected "bot" character... more than once, saying if they did not reply, you would report them to GMs.
    Then you send in 4~5+ reports in minutes about the suspected bots and a GM showed up, watched, removed 5 of them.
    THEN I got a /tell from the "partner" person using that bot who was synthing, saying I had no right to do that.
    My reply: well if you HAD replied to my 5 /tells originally, then i would not have reported you, and clearly you were using a 3rd party program to run your characters to synth since it was blatantly obvious.
    I've also gone into Palborough Mines and done many /sh saying "I am reporting every toon I see botting farming in here today while i am TRYING to farm my items for my mission!" over and over.
    Somehow the bots left, but only for a short while.
    That might help you collecting them.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Ok, so, the botting of these is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
    I was watching a live steaming player the other day, basically going through some of the older content, playing with a new character.

I would say watching him navigate through the various areas - In at least 30% of his live video you could see botting activity in the background.

As VoiceMemo stated, they have been there for months. Same names, same repeated movement pattern, 24/7.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Can do what I did....
    Send a /tell to the suspected "bot" character... more than once, saying if they did not reply, you would report them to GMs.
    Then you send in 4~5+ reports in minutes about the suspected bots and a GM showed up, watched, removed 5 of them.
    THEN I got a /tell from the "partner" person using that bot who was synthing, saying I had no right to do that.
    My reply: well if you HAD replied to my 5 /tells originally, then i would not have reported you, and clearly you were using a 3rd party program to run your characters to synth since it was blatantly obvious.
    I've also gone into Palborough Mines and done many /sh saying "I am reporting every toon I see botting farming in here today while i am TRYING to farm my items for my mission!" over and over.
    Somehow the bots left, but only for a short while.
    That might help you collecting them.
    How long ago did you do this? Last I talked to a GM they said only special task force can do any bans, that it wouldn't fall under their power.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Approximately 1 month ago. and iirc they didn't ban them. they were placed in mordion gaol. Still they got removed, and probably got investigated because i have yet to see those names back on. Probably just made another farming character though.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'll try that next time then, even if placed in jail that's fine with me.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They just need someone (I.e. a GM) with a trained eye to just to stand in zone for five minutes, in which time you can generally establish who is a bot or not.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast