Character
    Tyyrael
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Dried mugwort / Fresh Mugwort

You guys really long overdue need to make it easier to obtain Dried Mugwort. Alchemy gets washed once a week on being able to get guild points because the item is rare and no one farms it because its worthless. This item is broken, it needs to be easier to obtain, if a cooking vendor sold the fresh mugwort that would be great you’d still have to have cooking and alchemy to get what you need for alchemy guild points but atleast you could obtain more than 1 a day when you need like 20 dried mugwort every 7 daysLol thats ridiculous. Plz forward this to the proper parties. Thank you very much.
    (0)

Have you considered harvesting it in Bhaflau or Wajaom?
    (0)

Player
    You need 8 to make one, it's not really a reasonable option.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You get quite a few of these from Mog Garden, so it seems (guess I won't NPC them anymore).
    (0)

Character
    Tyyrael
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Mugwort

I have tried several methods of obtaining the dried and the fresh and none of those methods yield any meaningful amount of it.
    And as far as the mog garden i believe you are confusing it with Fresh Marajoam or w/e its called. Same icon and similar name but different.
    Does anyone know what the best method of producing dried mugwort is? Whether it be farming fresh and cooking it or farming the dried ones directly?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    You need 8 to make one, it's not really a reasonable option.
    You would need 6x Silica dropped from Pugils in Vunkerl Inlet [S] for one synth of glass sheet, and the WW shield needed 40 of those sheets made (more if failures) for aquariums to be turned in, so I needed to farm nearly 250+ silica sacks from 10 targets that didn't respawn for 10-15 minutes that had a 25% drop rate. So I had to kill approximately 1200 pugils with TH12, and did a lot of waiting. It was doable, and you need patience, but with all the "SE; I want it now and don't want to wait anymore!" I see in the game nowadays compared to the previous years, seems people forgot how to spend time farming and being patient.

So yes, it IS a reasonable option, if you are patient, persistent, and realize you can't have everything handed to you without some work or waiting. Just an option...
    (0)

Player
    Incorrect. http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Silica http://ffxidb.com/items/1888

There are multiple enemies in multple zones that drop silica, AND it can desynthed from additional mob drops.

Mugwart can ONLY be harvested in 4(?) zones, extremely rarely (and unrealistically dropped by NMs)

Plus, silica has some value, so it's sold, mugwart is useless, and is not sold.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.

I have made a post on the Japanese forums but have yet to receive a reply. Will post here if I get a response.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    And as far as the mog garden i believe you are confusing it with Fresh Marajoam or w/e its called. Same icon and similar name but different.
    Nah, It's definitely mugwort from the garden because I just harvested some.
    (0)

Player
    Ginger Root and Rotting Eyeballs can grow Mugwort (probably more but who does gardening lol)

9 hour grow and 10 hour grow, still only a chance for fresh mugwort, and you still need 8 for one dried, not really in the spectrum of reasonable, but better than zero.
    (0)