Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Thank you GM Expioodade and Rhinedynast

I just wanted to take a moment to thank GMs Expioodade and Rhinedynast for responding quickly to a GM call earlier.

It's really refreshing to see that SE cares about keeping our experiences in Vanadiel positive and free from harassment. Your effort and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again.
    (4)

Player
    I am very curious who are that you think you're being harassed by someone, not just once, but apparently multiple times.

Are you not smart enough to use blacklist?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    I am very curious who are that you think you're being harassed by someone, not just once, but apparently multiple times.

Irrelevant if he uses a blacklist or not. If they are harassing him, using other people or multiple accounts doing so.... or other people are reporting it even after he could have blacklisted them, with you calling him not smart enough to use a blacklist is just as derogatory.

And also doesn't matter if he DID use a blacklist; they still did it, the GMs can review chat logs of both or all players involved, and then determine if it is worthy of jail time or suspension or deletion of an account.

Your snippet of "not smart enough" could have been left out of your comment, and a more nicely helpful or showing concern with "Are you not using /blacklist?" , since he is not allowed to post names of characters in the forums telling us whom they were that were harassing him in the game.

If you hadn't meant it as such then I am sorry, but it came across that way.
    Helpful tip: Go back and re-read your entries before you [Post Quick Reply] as if the roles were reversed and you were the recipient of the comment. Would you want someone saying that to you in that manner? If not, then why would you do that to someone else who, actually, is here just applauding someone that helped his time in the game be more fun?
    (1)

Player
    Oh I meant it. Blacklist easily solves (speech) "harassment" unless they create new accounts. which is why I'm curious as to the condition.

Saying you're being harassed is such a cowardly accusation. The large majority of people aren't going to "harass" you unless you did something to deserve it.

To expand, if you are being a pos, and someone calls you a pos, you're the harasser, not the one being harassed, make sure you report yourself accordingly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-21-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Oh I meant it. Blacklist easily solves (speech) "harassment" unless they create new accounts. which is why I'm curious as to the condition.

Saying you're being harassed is such a cowardly accusation. The large majority of people aren't going to "harass" you unless you did something to deserve it.

To expand, if you are being a pos, and someone calls you a pos, you're the harasser, not the one being harassed, make sure you report yourself accordingly.
    You're making much too many assumptions and are commenting on a situation you know nothing about. Some people harass others for fun, enjoyment or the pleasure of seeing other people miserable. To say that harassment is always provoked or "provoked for being a pos" is incredibly naive.

Also Isola, there are many ways to circumvent /blacklist and all of them are violations of TOS. I won't list them here, but if someone is "smart enough" to use blacklist, it's not a stretch for another person to figure out how to easily circumvent it. Also, calling report of harassment a "cowardly accusation" isn't fair, especially when you don't know the extent of the harassment, the volume of messages or even the online platforms involved, with which the harassment was dispersed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Irrelevant if he uses a blacklist or not. If they are harassing him, using other people or multiple accounts doing so.... or other people are reporting it even after he could have blacklisted them, with you calling him not smart enough to use a blacklist is just as derogatory.

Your snippet of "not smart enough" could have been left out of your comment, and a more nicely helpful or showing concern with "Are you not using /blacklist?" , since he is not allowed to post names of characters in the forums telling us whom they were that were harassing him in the game.
    Thanks Dzspdref for being able to demonstrate a degree of emotional intelligence when replying and acknowledging the importance of how one's message is received when delivered.
    (4)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 10-21-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21

Its not unheard of, of people just harassing others for the sake of it. somewhere between 2007-2009 (i forget the date) a random people would spam tell me inappropriate questions, and any time i blacklisted a name a new one would pop up. I had to switch servers to get it to stop tbh.

another time was around 2013-2014 when my ex was stalking me via psn id block his name and he would just make a new account. What worst is he broke up with me :/ so idk why he was doing it.

kinda odd a comment like yours exist in 2018, as trolling has been around since dial-up days.
    (2)
    FFxi: Azazura Bahamut.
    FFxiv: Aza Dalamiq Siren

Old time Vet looking to get back into ffxi.
    first play ps2/xbox: 2004-2013
    Second play: 2023-????