Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Cerberus Continues To Suffer From Low Population

Hello everyone. The last time I made a post like this was over a year and a half ago. I'd like to say I got lucky, I put myself out there (aggressively) and managed to not only find players on my own server to join the endgame LS, but I also enticed players from other servers to jump and join us. Only doing one event most weeks (life gets in the way of doing more), we managed to build an Aeonic and destroy every Omen boss many times over. In our spare time we'd do events like Ambuscade, Delve or Vagary during a campaign.

It was a monumental effort. In fact, I think finding people to join the group was harder than the content itself. We had some hiccups on T4s and we really, really wanted to beat 'em all without SMN burns, but we didn't have the right jobs geared with the players available (and it would've taken ages to gear up BRDs with REMAs etc). So with much reluctance we caved in and had no choice but to SMN burn the last few NMs for our Aeonic. I was the Corsair, so the fights were dull for me.

September hit our group very hard, as a few of our best players had to stop running due to life commitments/other reasons. Since then I've tried almost daily to reach out for new players, but it's pointless. Not only that, I've heard other groups are finding it difficult to keep up their numbers as well.

With the introduction of Wave 3 in Dyna-D, I feel this is an impossible task for most groups. The only clears I've seen have been almost (or are) full alliances. It doesn't help when Dyna-D has a 60-hour wait, as those who would come help are unable to as they ran with another group a day or two before. So unless you're in a group with a ton of multi-boxers or on a congested server, getting wave 3 clears feels like climbing a mountain with no safety precautions.

I'm not here to whine and complain. I'm here to update SE on our current situation. They should probably be aware already. My group doesn't want to leave the server, and neither do I, as my Dad runs his own social LS and I'd never expect him to abandon the good folks who reside in it. Moving to Asura or another big server is not an option for us. I do regular /yells asking for members. I advertize on ffxiah.com to the point it likely annoys most people who visit.

What else can I do? Disband my LS and stick to soloing relics/mythics? What's the point in us doing events if we can't find the people to do the content with? How can SE expect a server like Cerberus (and other similar populated servers) to set up something like a wave 3 kill? I'm struggling to find 8 people to run with a week .. nevermind 18.

So I'm lost, and a little fed up. I'd like to continue running events with my 2-year old LS who've done so much with so little choice. I'll keep soldiering on, but .. I'd just like clarification. Are the servers meant to have populations this low? Check out the Cerb Auction House compared to Asura, and you'll see the difference. I struggle to find synth materials for +3 upgrades. I'm always hearing of people jumping to Asura to buy things for their weapons/gears as they can't find enough of the items here.

So it's me again .. asking questions to a brick wall. Thanks SE for continuing to support the game. I just wish some of us had it easier is all. Cheers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kylos; 10-14-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Player
    I wish this wasn't such a nightmare for you guys. I'd love to play on a smaller(er) server. but the negatives overwhelm the positives. I hate being on asura, but there's no middle ground, it's either asura or have 100 active players. That's not really a choice.
    (2)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Why not find groups with similar members, ie about 8 and team up. Yeah you might need to sacrifice a dynamis run to get on the same ki timers, but it would make your 2 groups stronger. That's what I did on asura, another group joined with mine and we are able to do dynamis D wave 3 no problem, killed dynamis bastok D boss with 11 min to spare.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Not as easy as that. And it's not only about wave 3s, it's to do with getting enough for other events like Geas Fete, Omen, as well as the state of the auction house. Come play on a small server for a couple of weeks and you'll see what I mean.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Geas fete, omen and all the rest can be low manned with 8. The only thing i can see needing more is Dynamis D. Geas fete especially, less is more since it scales hp.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Logged in tonight to set up some Sinister Reign. Got one LS member interested from my 2 LS. Yelled for an hour straight, and not one single reply. Painful. At this point all I could do is solo SR on SCH .. which I already did the new way 2 weeks ago. I beat all of it and what did I get? Nothing. I lie, I got some stars next to their names. Thanks for the "update" to Sinister Reign SE.

So like I said .. it's not just Dynamis-D, it's literally everything. I struggle to find members for things on a regular basis .. even content for a party of six. Honestly can't be doing anymore than I am already. After failing to set up something easy like SR, I logged out for the night. Not the first time either. No ones cares about server quality it seems. If I didn't have an event ls running I would unsub til somethings done. Also running out of inventory space .. and refuse to pay extra for a service which should've been a quality of life update. It's a scam, and so is allowing servers to decline so badly compared to others; as it encourages players to cough up more to fix a problem they've created.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 10-30-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    How long have you played for? I've played for 12+ years and hang out with people that have the same playtime that I've met over the years.

Do you not know/met anyone that plays at the same time you play at in all the time you've played?
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Very much so. You're on Asura so you got zero clue how it is here. Your population is an average of 1.4-2k players at any given time (I know people there who used to run with me). Cerb is 200-400 most days. I've had my own linkshell for years, and I'm ALWAYS recruiting, whether it be /yell, ffxiah.com, asking around with the people I know, asking my dads social LS if anyone can do our times. Please don't assume I have not gone above and beyond. I've gone so far I've got players to jump from Asura and other servers to join us. It really has been that bad for a very long time. But no one on Asura (unless you came from a server like Cerb) has any idea what it's like to form parties here. It's ridiculous. And so is the AH.

There is nothing more I can do .. other than paying to fix a problem SE has created by allowing so many to jump servers and leave some like Cerb (and others, not just here) like a barren wasteland. Like I said earlier, we can't do that as it means abandoning everyone who relies on our linkshells. Without our linkshells the server would be even more dead. So many players I met over the years jumped server ages ago. In fact .. one of my former linkshells had to disband for that reason alone.

We make do with who we have here, which are mostly casual players who cause no drama whatsoever. I love running with the people we have. They do help me sometimes if I ask them nicely, but I don't expect them to. It's not just Sinister Reign or Dyna-D, it's all content and the economy. Luckily my group has already destroyed Omen many times over and got us one Aeonic .. but was it easy? Hell no.

It took us many, many months to figure them out with what we have. Over a year to make an Aeonic. We almost finished our second. With a populated server we'd likely have more done. My LS has not had a dedicated BRD for well over six months despite always asking around for one. I've had to gear up jobs I didn't want to gear just so we had the options, as have some of my LS members. It's made us a tighter unit, but man .. the waiting around.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 10-31-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    It took us many, many months to figure them out with what we have. Over a year to make an Aeonic. We almost finished our second. With a populated server we'd likely have more done.
    People just pay the many mercs on Asura to do all that. There are around 5 merc yells within a half hour period.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I only know one, maybe two merc groups on Cerb and they very, very rarely /yell. They mostly yell to find a Nirvana SMN or two for their group, instead of looking for buyers. Still, it's rare to see any /yells at all. I'm the one who probably does the most when I'm (Looking For Members).

I kinda miss the days when people used to talk crap in yells, but Cerb's not been like that for a few years now. So people on this server who want something merc'd have very little choice. I've never seen anyone who yells for Ambuscade ask for an Idris Geo, or a "REMA" job. We can't afford to be picky.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast