Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    I kinda miss the days when people used to talk crap in yells, but Cerb's not been like that for a few years now. So people on this server who want something merc'd have very little choice. I've never seen anyone who yells for Ambuscade ask for an Idris Geo, or a "REMA" job. We can't afford to be picky.
    Then you need to get yourself and your crew over to Asura because those kinds of yells that you mentioned happen at least 20 times every half an hour.

I know what you're saying about having to pay SE for something that you see as their problem, but you have got to deal with the here and now, and bite the bullet because it is what it is.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Then you need to get yourself and your crew over to Asura because those kinds of yells that you mentioned happen at least 20 times every half an hour.

I know what you're saying about having to pay SE for something that you see as their problem, but you have got to deal with the here and now, and bite the bullet because it is what it is.
    This is probably the quickest solution to your problem, for you all to transfer to a server with higher population. If you wait on SE to change things, it may take years or never at all.

Aside from Dynamis D full clear, I can't think of any other content that can't be done with a solid party of 6. Can you not even get 5 other people that play at the same hours you do?
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 10-31-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would be bad to assume the players on our linkshells would pay extra to jump with us. It's even worse for others away from our server to assume we would leave it. This problem is not our own to fix, it's SE's. It's up to SE to give us a MMORPG experience on the server we reside on. It should not be up to us to fix a problem they've made by reaching into our pocket. It's already a scam to sell us extra inventory, nevermind forcing us to jump server and leave some behind.

I tried setting up Sinister Reign the other day and gave up after 2 hours. Often enough we try to do ambuscade and get stuck at 5/6. I could reel off dozens of other examples but what's the point, you guys seem adamant that we absolutely must pay to fix this problem. I don't want to move, but I also want more choice. It's playing in to SE's scam to pay them to fix this issue, and I won't fall for it. I'd rather tell my players to go jump to another server without me so I can unsub completely. After 14 years of playing this game, I have never once jumped server. The only time we moved server was when Hades merged in to Cerberus .. which was sad as I loved Hades, but getting to play with a bigger population again was very welcome.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    I would be bad to assume the players on our linkshells would pay extra to jump with us. It's even worse for others away from our server to assume we would leave it. This problem is not our own to fix, it's SE's. It's up to SE to give us a MMORPG experience on the server we reside on. It should not be up to us to fix a problem they've made by reaching into our pocket. It's already a scam to sell us extra inventory, nevermind forcing us to jump server and leave some behind.
    This, is absolute fact. I don't know why you all put up with it.

It's disgustingly shameful how this is being handled. As long as they keep getting your money, they don't care in the slightest about the state of play.

I paid to jump, a little disgusted by it, but they don't exactly give you a choice.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    In an IDEAL solution, yes SE should fix the problem. But looking at a business standpoint it only makes sense that they would want you to server transfer instead of merging servers. Sure they'll lose some people that just quit, but the ones that do transfer are likely the players that will stick around since they paid to go to another server.

That is why the only thing that you can control is the server you're on. Yeah it sucks to have to move, but I really don't see SE merging servers, nor can I think of any other solution that would alleviate the low server population problem on some servers.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Got this today:

"Dear Kyle,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you have an issue with FINAL FANTASY XI. We have acknowledged your comment and will pass this onto the team in charge for consideration.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide with an individual response. We can only advise that you keep an eye on our official website and social media channels for any update on this matter.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team"
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 11-02-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My event linkshell is on death's door, so we're recruiting as much as we have for months.
    Was unable to do T4 geas fete today due to lack of members. We did Omen instead, but
    we're close to Aeonic and want that. It's a real shame I cannot deliver these events for my
    group due to a sheer lack of players available at the time and day we run.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Do your members have the easy setup?

Most reisenjima T4 helm can be won with run, idris geo, cor, 3x smn, whm, a party of 7.
    (0)

Player
    They do not have summoners, nor the wish to dis-include the extra bodies that cannot fit into the smn strat.

its easy to find 100 nirvanas on asura, not so much anywhere else. Even finding 13,000 HPbayld somewhere that isn't asura is a struggle. There are only THREE tracked (ffxiah) nirvana(99) on Cerberus. And no, you can't really pull it off with 3 jse/was until you've had some practice doing it. There are only 19 Idris on cerberus, and half of them have left/quit probably.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-07-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please don't be patronizing .. if we had the setup to do it we would've done it. We had 1 SMN available and no real tank (my RUN is brand new as of this week, and the other persons RUN had never tanked anything big before)
    We have two Nirvana SMNs (three Idris GEOs ..) in the LS but one of them was on holiday. The other non-mythic SMN we got lately no showed. Another guy who could've tanked or gone COR was not there for a second week in a row (no show). So we had six of us .. no real tank, one smn.
    Shouted around .. asked my social LS, got ZERO response. How the hell do we work with that?

Like I said .. if we could've done it we would've because Sandworm is easy as shit. It was the only T4 in our first Aeonic which we beat 1/1 .. and did not use a SMN burn to beat it either.
    All we really needed was a decent tank to keep hate off the DD, but couldn't even find that. It's ridiculous, and I keep yelling for new members every single day. I make adverts on FFXIAH.com almost daily.

It sucks and I wish people would not assume we don't know how to take these things down because we do .. WE JUST DONT HAVE THE PEOPLE TO DO IT! If we did we would kill the sandworm as many times as it takes to get everyone the kill so we can move on to another.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 11-08-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast