Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Sadly many people have lots of things in their bazaar for absurd amounts of gil (Matrimony rings for 99,999,999 ring a bell?) SE won't be able to do a thing about it because you ARE asked multiple times before accepting if you want to purchase this item at this quantity at this amount before it lets you purchase them.

If you spammed through it, without reading, without noticing, without carefully reading the chat log about the absurd amount you were spending and you feel they cajoled you and cheated you out of gil; they didn't. You didn't carefully read and notice what you were doing.

SE won't do anything about it, because the bazaar-er didn't do anything wrong. There was nothing 'deceptive' about it. He had his prices clearly marked, and the screen clearly states how much you're spending on an item as you select it, multiple times.

It has happened before (to me once as I did same thing once for an Ordelle Bronzepiece) and the reply was "Next time make sure you look before you accept. Irregular or outrageous bazaar prices are not against terms of service."

You have 2 chances to deny/back-out of the purchase; slow down and read your screens.
    If you have them filtered off somehow; then again, that's all on you.

Sorry to hear about it but he didn't do anything wrong sadly; but you agreed to his prices and paid for it, in more ways than one.
    Pretty much this...

There is no set price for items in a bazaar. There is absolutely no official guideline on what an item 'should' cost. It can be 1 gil, it can be 1 million gil. This is why they have the steps of confirmation as mentioned by Dzspdref.
    It purely boils down to moral conduct, in this case, although we all know what the player has done is morally wrong. The only thing I can see in the terms that might remotely help you, but whether or not it covers this particular situation, I don't know:

"In-Game Fraud - Defined as any action to defraud another player with the intent to gain items or gil for personal profit. "
    (0)

Character
    Fayona
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Personally I think sitting beside oboro with stacks of Rema stones like this for days at a time meets that definition.

I’ve seen other players fall victim and have been warning people I see not to fall for the same mistake.

But I think we can all attest to a level of excitement at finishing trials and rushing to AG so that we can play with a new weapon.

He keeps restocking the bazaar with more stones so I would say he is intending to mislead players for personal benefit
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    This has always been the way the game has worked, sorry.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And here's an old saying I know we've all heard before which applies here: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

And it seems he fooled you more than once since you did it for multiple purchases. Cannot blame anyone but yourself.

Lesson learned sadly
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2