Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Player Jezey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Jezey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

    Same issue

    I'm having the same error code recently and it is on going. Sometimes I hit the 30 minute mark then sometimes I dc in a matter of less then 10 min. I honestly think its square enix. All my other games work perfectly fine with my connection and computer. I play a lot of Fortnite and I don't have issues like this.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm having the same issues, I think it may have to do with SE. FFXI wasn't designed for this high speed internet. I have Mediacom with 100 Mbs download speeds and it started doing when the modems got upgraded. Right now I have to play tethered to my iPhone and was streaming the game until these newer model modems came out. I installed the game on my laptop and I can't even do the initial update without it going down. SE really needs to do something about this.
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    855
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kegfreak View Post
    I'm having the same issues, I think it may have to do with SE. FFXI wasn't designed for this high speed internet. I have Mediacom with 100 Mbs download speeds and it started doing when the modems got upgraded. Right now I have to play tethered to my iPhone and was streaming the game until these newer model modems came out. I installed the game on my laptop and I can't even do the initial update without it going down. SE really needs to do something about this.
    Sounds like its more an issue with your ISP, to be honest.
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    552
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Reading some old threads say that this may be because of playonline itself, not ffxi. The test to show this was just to login to playonline but NOT into FFXI. If you get a dc message then it is the "alive" connection that playonline tests.

    So just login to playonline and test if you error at the 30 min mark.
    (1)

  5. #25
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @kegfreak: Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tests that I suggested to the OP? Especially since your situation involves a new modem, it's quite possible that the default settings are messing things up for FFXI (since it doesn't work quite the same as modern network based games.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  6. #26
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    When I get home I will check those out.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Reading some old threads say that this may be because of playonline itself, not ffxi. The test to show this was just to login to playonline but NOT into FFXI. If you get a dc message then it is the "alive" connection that playonline tests.

    So just login to playonline and test if you error at the 30 min mark.
    Checking that now
    (0)
    Idris Obtained ~ 12/10/2018
    Trishula Obtained ~ I forget when after Idris though.

  8. #28
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    @kegfreak: Have you tried any of the troubleshooting tests that I suggested to the OP? Especially since your situation involves a new modem, it's quite possible that the default settings are messing things up for FFXI (since it doesn't work quite the same as modern network based games.)
    1. Tower PC but I check the power anyway, its at max

    2. Check the lease, it set at 24 hours.
    (0)
    Idris Obtained ~ 12/10/2018
    Trishula Obtained ~ I forget when after Idris though.

  9. #29
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Reading some old threads say that this may be because of playonline itself, not ffxi. The test to show this was just to login to playonline but NOT into FFXI. If you get a dc message then it is the "alive" connection that playonline tests.

    So just login to playonline and test if you error at the 30 min mark.
    I just got a POL-0250 Error from POL.
    (0)
    Idris Obtained ~ 12/10/2018
    Trishula Obtained ~ I forget when after Idris though.

  10. #30
    Player kegfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    with enough google a solution was found in two simple steps

    step 1. before logging in click on network Connection on the main POL screen

    https://imgur.com/FNAKM8D

    step 2. Change Disable (which is default) to Enable

    https://imgur.com/7UY8dBZ

    I've been online for about an hour now.
    (2)
    Idris Obtained ~ 12/10/2018
    Trishula Obtained ~ I forget when after Idris though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread