Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Soloing Nyzul (Dec. Update)

Here's something that pisses me off a little.

"Assaults and Nyzul Isle required members has been changed from three to one."

That's nice and all until......

You know.....

You get to the floors where you have to activate more that one lamp at the same time, or you have to activate 4+ lamps in a specific order. What's the point of making it so we can solo it, if you put that in there so that some of the time it won't let us.

Also I just have bad luck, so I know I'll get that one reply to this that says:
    "I've done it multiple times now and I haven't once gotten a floor like that"

All I have to say is I'm happy for you and that you're lucky. I envy your luck.
    (10)

It wasn't meant to be soloed, get some friends or deal with the luck.
    (0)

Player
    That's what I'm going to do from now on for it, I just wanted to try and get my last 20 floors done on my own since all my friends aren't even past floor 15. At least that way I could get it done and help them out when they want to do theirs instead of having to wait until they get all they way up to floor 80 and then continue. SE is already trying to turn XI into a game that's pretty much 100% solo except for dungeons like 14 is anyway. That's they way it's looking right now.

Besides my point was:

Don't make something that you can go in by yourself from your marketing choices, failable due to the fact that you're in there by yourself.
    (0)
    Last edited by Marada; 12-15-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I would give them some time, and most of all, consider it lucky that they finally decided to remove the restriction in the first place.

See also:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    After discussing this further, we have decided to remove the minimum participant restriction for Nyzul Isle Investigation in the December version update!

Please note that at the moment, we will not be making battle adjustments so it will be difficult to clear solo or in low-man groups. The reason behind this is because there are some system-related aspects that will make it difficult to adjust the way lamps function for solo or low-man groups. In the future, we would like to address this with Trust NPCs and make it possible to clear even with a small group of players.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I believe your friends can actually help you with the last 20 floors, they just dont get credit til their progress is that high. But yea sit tight for the possible trust help in NNI, until then you will have to take your chances or get 2 other people. i think the smallest amount of lamps in multi lamp floors is 3, but some like same time you could possibly hit if they were close enough to each other.

Allowing us to enter solo was somethign we were asking for so they allowed it, but just hadnt come up with a way to make the whole event soloable yet (if they even do)
    (0)

Player
    Man it's been a while......

The easiest way to have changed this to be soloable would have been to get rid of the requirement to activate all the lamps at the same time.....that's it. To activate them in order or anything like that can stay, just get rid of the activate all at the same time.
    (2)

Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I did some solo in nyzul a while back looking or DNC dagger to unlock the WS. I did somewhere in the range of 15 solo trips from 96-100 as mnk. I would get one of the flee drinks from the temp items box and go. I got one "same time" lamp floor that I couldn't manage to complete and had to leave before time was up. On every other run I would reach the boss and get in 5+ more floors of progress just looking for nm's. So either I was truly lucky or you are terribly unlucky to not be able to. But either way, it can be done easily solo. Just sayin'
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrob33 View Post
    I did some solo in nyzul a while back looking or DNC dagger to unlock the WS. I did somewhere in the range of 15 solo trips from 96-100 as mnk. I would get one of the flee drinks from the temp items box and go. I got one "same time" lamp floor that I couldn't manage to complete and had to leave before time was up. On every other run I would reach the boss and get in 5+ more floors of progress just looking for nm's. So either I was truly lucky or you are terribly unlucky to not be able to. But either way, it can be done easily solo. Just sayin'
    Every time I enter I get a same time lamp floor, which makes it impossible to complete. Yes, I am just unlucky, but it sucks to spend a bunch of time then auto-fail. So I gave up on making progress solo.

It sucks though because no one wants to do floor 65....

>.>
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sometimes you want to complete something and you're in a situation where you've partially completed it, and the only people you can find to help are those who haven't completed it at all. That seems to be where some of the posters are. The best solution is for you to be willing to backtrack and help your friends catch up, then you all make the push together. That's what I've done in the past with Nyzul, Storyline missions, Assault, and what I'm doing right now with Voidwatch. I'm on Provenance Watcher but I've been doing a lot of cities and lower tier Jeuno runs to get people clears so they can join me and we can all do the final fight together since for the most part people who already have Provenance Watcher clear aren't interested in doing it again.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Sometimes you want to complete something and you're in a situation where you've partially completed it, and the only people you can find to help are those who haven't completed it at all. That seems to be where some of the posters are. The best solution is for you to be willing to backtrack and help your friends catch up, then you all make the push together. That's what I've done in the past with Nyzul, Storyline missions, Assault, and what I'm doing right now with Voidwatch. I'm on Provenance Watcher but I've been doing a lot of cities and lower tier Jeuno runs to get people clears so they can join me and we can all do the final fight together since for the most part people who already have Provenance Watcher clear aren't interested in doing it again.
    I would but I don't even know anyone at floor 0 who wants to get going. Good call though. Been duoing some VW clears with a friend for this reason.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast