Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21

Returning player- Fresh start

Hihi! Nice to meet everyone.

Just posting here to say hi, introduce myself and learn.

I'm a returning player, who started ff11 back in 2004 with the NA release on ps2, playing all the way to the 360 launch, and switching to the 360, and even further still to around the time Seekers of Adoulin was first being talked about. I "quit" due to my 360 (my second 360 actually) broke and unable to get a new one. By the time would have ff11 was no longer on the system.

At the time I didn't have a pc that could run the game (as i just plain didn't have a pc) so i looked at ff11 on and off.

I started to play ff14 1.0 and enjoyed what i could of that, and was playing on and off since the ff14 2.0 launch.

After seeing work to game go back, and speak positively on ff11 i asked my b/f if i could try it on his pc. (i mean i got sims 4 to work on it and that is a beefy game)

so i got the free trial, and i just was hooked. he bought me ff11 again, and here I am.

Now that the intro is out of the way, here it goes.

So I'm starting fresh with ff11, using a new account that i use with ff14. What changed? and as a new player, how would I go about gearing up? making gil? what are some of the things i should be unlocking?

I remember a lot of the game, but i can tell a lot has changed.

What are the current tank, healer dps trends? are there any trends? and how solo friendly did this game get?

I wanna start ff11 on the right foot, so any tips are welcomed.
    (3)
    FFxi: Azazura Bahamut.
    FFxiv: Aza Dalamiq Siren

Old time Vet looking to get back into ffxi.
    first play ps2/xbox: 2004-2013
    Second play: 2023-????

Welcome back!

BG has a helpful guide that you might find useful: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    (1)

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    Welcome back!

BG has a helpful guide that you might find useful: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    thanks I did a quick skim and bookmarked it. tyty for the help
    (1)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If you could play 14, this game is way less heavier on graphics, you could of played this.

Outside that.

Just play like you did 15 years ago, just get trusts and figure it out slowly, there's lots of new stuff to do, so go at it slowly, it's a very fun game still. Bgwiki and ffxiah are your 2 best sources.

This forum isn't good for immediate feedback.
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Best start is doing rhapsody and main story at the same time. Rhapsody is inside quest menu, dig through that menu a bunch for starters would be a good tip.
    (1)

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    If you could play 14, this game is way less heavier on graphics, you could of played this.

Outside that.

Just play like you did 15 years ago, just get trusts and figure it out slowly, there's lots of new stuff to do, so go at it slowly, it's a very fun game still. Bgwiki and ffxiah are your 2 best sources.

This forum isn't good for immediate feedback.
    i play ff14 on a ps4. tbh between windower and reshade game runs well. im playing on an old laptop from my b/f college years (he 26, did 5 years after hs) but plays pretty well.

and ty for the post im mostly doing random stuff, and honestly having a lot of fun on ff11 liking it more then ff14 in some cases. currently im lvling different jobs to see the changes, and i HATE the monk boost change. not Auto attacking sucks. would misclick it and id be staring a a mob till i could do anything.

i got my thf to 45 so farming fame stuff. pretty much im going non-meta and doing a dnc/war build with trusts outside shantotto 2 i keep hate fine and with self curing the healer trust can save on mp.
    (0)

Character
    Ailema
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    I too am a returning player. The last time I logged in was in 2007. I have been playing FFXIV, but a friend of mine suggested trying this out again. Look forward to meeting you all.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Old site still has some goods about it for info in Present times!

FFXIclopedia <- Fandom

((Just a brief history to give you a helpful refresher about the website as well))
    >>History:
    FFXIclopedia was the brainchild of Ganiman, a Tarutaru Red Mage, a resident of the Phoenix Server and Leader of the linkshell Avengers. The leading FFXI information site at the time, Allakazam, was bogged down with slow load times, poor and out of date information, and a constant stream of intrusive advertisements. Similar problems plagued Somepage, a database site that was full of advertisements for Real-Money Transfer (RMT) groups. Ganiman started a wiki project for Final Fantasy XI using the Mediawiki software in November of 2004 with the name FFXIclopedia – a name suggested by Mierin, a fellow member of Avengers.

And if you rather read even more or further into then here's the Link: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/FFXIclopedia:About
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 10-19-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Evorus View Post
    I too am a returning player. The last time I logged in was in 2007. I have been playing FFXIV, but a friend of mine suggested trying this out again. Look forward to meeting you all.
    welcome back
    (0)

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    FFXIclopedia <- Fandom

((Just a brief history to give you a helpful refresher about the website as well))
    >>History:
    FFXIclopedia was the brainchild of Ganiman, a Tarutaru Red Mage, a resident of the Phoenix Server and Leader of the linkshell Avengers. The leading FFXI information site at the time, Allakazam, was bogged down with slow load times, poor and out of date information, and a constant stream of intrusive advertisements. Similar problems plagued Somepage, a database site that was full of advertisements for Real-Money Transfer (RMT) groups. Ganiman started a wiki project for Final Fantasy XI using the Mediawiki software in November of 2004 with the name FFXIclopedia – a name suggested by Mierin, a fellow member of Avengers.

And if you rather read even more or further into then here's the Link: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/FFXIclopedia:About
    ya i remember that site lol
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast