Character
    Kkya
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Idea/Suggestion 'Split Account'

An idea that I had for a long time...To give us a choice to what i would call 'split account' giving us a one time choice to move 1+ chars from our main account of our choice to a second account of which we would be able to create under another char (other than our main char in main account) so it can save people time from having to start from scratch just to dual box.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkya View Post
    so it can save people time from having to start from scratch just to dual box.
    I think you'll find that in the vast majority of cases, "dual boxing" and the way people do it is strictly against T&C's of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by orionis View Post
    I think you'll find that in the vast majority of cases, "dual boxing" and the way people do it is strictly against T&C's of the game.
    So was playing in windowed mode, until SE added it as native feature of POL. You literally used to have a smart phone or laptop next to you, to look up Allakhazam FFXI guides until SE added Windowed mode, if you wanted to follow T&C. Times change, so does the player base. Be more pragmatic.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    So was playing in windowed mode, until SE added it as native feature of POL. You literally used to have a smart phone or laptop next to you, to look up Allakhazam FFXI guides until SE added Windowed mode, if you wanted to follow T&C. Times change, so does the player base. Be more pragmatic.
    SE did indeed add windowed mode. A lot of people benefit from this mode because the ability to switch between doing something else, which is quite essential in this day and age.

However, how is the window mode in relation to the point I'm making?
    People appear to be using third party tools (as in witnessed on streaming platforms) that not only allow more than one instance of POL to be run, but automation between instances.

The playerbase may well change, but the terms of service have not. You can't let players 'do what they want', or you end up with an unbalanced mess and a free for all (as we are witnessing by the sheer amount of posts on the subject lately).
    (0)
    Last edited by orionis; 10-05-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The relation is that Windowed mode was once vehemently against TOS....and now it's not.

I don't want to derail OPs topic, but I do think moving characters across accounts is a good thing in my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    The relation is that Windowed mode was once vehemently against TOS....and now it's not.
    It's not because SE made it not.

So, until we see an official stance from SE on the matters I discussed, it remains against TOS.
    (0)