Internet Connection Speed: 15Mbps
    Date & Time: Sep. 30, 2018 5-10:00 MST
    Frequency: Usually
    Character Name: Sivara
    Race: HumeF
    World: Bahamut
    Main Job: Monk, Lv.1-22
    Support Job: Warrior
    Area and Coordinates: Any Where (I was in South Gustaberg, Palborough Mines, and Valkurm Dunes)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Naji
    Monster Name: Any
    Steps:
    I started playing monk just recently and every so often (about every 5mins or less as far as I can tell), my chat stops attacking and there is nothing I can do to make her continue short of using a weapon skill. There char will sometimes continue fighting after a good sized break. If Naji finishes the creature off i can continue fighting the next creature I engage. I have not had any issues before I got the trust and only recently gained him.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Did you use Boost?
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Did you use Boost?
    Yes. However, this did not push the char to continue fighting. Instead, the effect would eventually run out or maju would kill the target so I could find a new one. Then she would attack normally.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Boost
    SE did Mnk adjustments I think august or september 2017 to monk's abilities. They botched / broke Boost. Just avoid using boost unless for it's weapon skills (If experiencing long delay still like before then avoid altogether x.x).
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Boost
    SE did Mnk adjustments I think august or september 2017 to monk's abilities. They botched / broke Boost. Just avoid using boost unless for it's weapon skills (If experiencing long delay still like before then avoid altogether x.x).
    After using it again a few times today I have found it is just when I am using boost. Are they planning on fixing it any time soon?
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No. It's "Working as Intended" when they "Revamped" monk abilities at that time, and they barely responded to any of that feedback the players were posting regarding the changes. Here's the aug 2017 update patch notes with revamped mnk abilities http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update
    but they never clarified boost outisde of those patch notes. You basically "charge" during the effects of it's duration until your next autoattack or weapon skill. ( I can't explain the delay part in detail, but haste and haste gear lowers the delay for it to "charge" for your next attack. If using weapon skills with boost, you want to wait for when boost is going to expire to weapon skill. The revamped boost wasn't really meant for pre-99 monk in mind. And I don't know what to say about Focus/Dodge duration being 30 seconds long instead of the original 2 minutes . I don't see them fixing it at all, I'd rather they change some H2H weapon skills that don't have "Damage varies with TP" like Shijin Spiral (I mean what good is plague on NMs which it doesn't affect on and "chance of additional effect varies with tp"?" Shijin Spiral should be changed to "Damage Varies with TP"). The way I see it is despite how Monks were decent for raw white damage and high HP , their weapon skills fall short and are lackluster for damage. So they try to "band-aid" the problem thinking "revamping" their abilities instead of revamping a few h2h weapon skills that would do more damage
    (2)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-02-2018 at 04:27 PM.