Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Dev 1006] Abyssea Adjustment

Key Item Farming

Something really need to change in this department as NM's that we can pop using pop items can be obtained in Gold Chest and NM's that are time spawns aren't

This makes it very difficult for a low manned group to compete with a larger linkshell abyssean shell to collect Key Items

For example

Gukumatz is very well camped with LS's branching out with some killing Sirresh and Some camping Gukumatz and i've watched someone try for 3 hours to get him so they could get his KI for a Sobek Set

The same applies with Durinn, Div-e Sepid is another NM that is too overly camped and makes it's difficult for a soloist/duoist to try and claim that NM cos people wait for you to die with aggros so they can steal it from you if they are lucky which does thrust make the game kinda imbalanced....

Another thing, those 2 NM's i've mentioned are also seal-dropping NM which again makes it's difficult for people who form a party on a seal hunting mission

So i'm calling out to developers to look into this

Personally I would've made the timed pop NM KI in a gold chest and the popped NM fightable for KI's

But I know i might get flamed for this
    (5)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I actually agree about them having the timed spawn NM KIs in gold chests too. The amount of people camping these NMs is absurd at times.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukielucas View Post
    Key Item Farming

Something really need to change in this department as NM's that we can pop using pop items can be obtained in Gold Chest and NM's that are time spawns aren't

This makes it very difficult for a low manned group to compete with a larger linkshell abyssean shell to collect Key Items

For example

Gukumatz is very well camped with LS's branching out with some killing Sirresh and Some camping Gukumatz and i've watched someone try for 3 hours to get him so they could get his KI for a Sobek Set

The same applies with Durinn, Div-e Sepid is another NM that is too overly camped and makes it's difficult for a soloist/duoist to try and claim that NM cos people wait for you to die with aggros so they can steal it from you if they are lucky which does thrust make the game kinda imbalanced....

Another thing, those 2 NM's i've mentioned are also seal-dropping NM which again makes it's difficult for people who form a party on a seal hunting mission

So i'm calling out to developers to look into this

Personally I would've made the timed pop NM KI in a gold chest and the popped NM fightable for KI's

But I know i might get flamed for this
    Maybe flamed by trolls so who cares? No one in their right mind could possibly disagree that KI farming on some of the NMs sucks. Pretty sure they are well aware of it and is why they are doing what they are doing with Abyssea adjustments, but we may not get everything we want out of the deal...

I will say this: It's not stealing when you die to a monster, it goes passive, and someone else claims it. I don't care if you're trying to zombie it, either. Suck up the loss and move forward if others are around and waiting on you. Apoc doesn't give you a license to take as long as you please to kill something, no matter how much you or I or anyone wants it to be. That monster goes passive and it's officially game over for stealing and game on for claiming.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree. I was disappointed when I saw the supposed congestion relief they were talking about. I really hope there's more to it because the way I see it almost all of the congestion comes from people spamming emp items and refusing to leave a camp for hours. +2 farming has very little to do with it. I've been at Briareus with 6 groups with 6+ pops each fighting to spawn it. Now it's probably gonna drop +2 items as well? Seems counterproductive if anything. If they wanna fix congestion they need to change all timed NMs to force pop or add them to Gold chests and add at least 10 mob IDs for every pop NM and allow all of them to be popped at the same time. Just not by the same group.
    (1)

Character
    Capgames
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    one HUGE thing i would love to know, are we getting the option to make atmas in groups so we can apply atmas all in 1 go? will this be added in this update? everyone is looking forward to this ant want it real bad. just give us it already >.<
    (0)

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I agree. I was disappointed when I saw the supposed congestion relief they were talking about. I really hope there's more to it because the way I see it almost all of the congestion comes from people spamming emp items and refusing to leave a camp for hours. +2 farming has very little to do with it. I've been at Briareus with 6 groups with 6+ pops each fighting to spawn it. Now it's probably gonna drop +2 items as well? Seems counterproductive if anything. If they wanna fix congestion they need to change all timed NMs to force pop or add them to Gold chests and add at least 10 mob IDs for every pop NM and allow all of them to be popped at the same time. Just not by the same group.
    I actually thought of this, BUT i think there should be at least 2-3 ??? spots for that specific NM because if we had 10 ID, we would experienced a high lag and agreed that if SE did opt for 2-3 ??? that the alliance can't spam all 3 spots, downside is that they would still exploit that system by doing it in a party of 3 and then alliance up when the drops come so that they can spam the NM... personally sometimes I just feel like SE should a time restriction on how many times you can spam that NM but yes i know that would be unfair cos of the emp trials... to be honest, i think collecting the emp trials should've been *kill this nm 50 times instead of collecting 50 sobek skins* (using sobek example... cos people would've gladly teamed up to help people kill NM's for this method
    (0)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    lol i was about to start a new thread when i saw your post xD

Please please please can you add Gukumatz, Heqet, Asambosam, Amun, Tunga, Gieremund, Div-e Sepid, Hrosshvalur and Lord Varney Ki's to Gold Sturdy Pyxis in scars zones please!

I thought about other ways to ease conjestion and competition around these nm's, such as hkcnm's that drop empy weapon items and also possibly making them forced spawn, but thinking about it, i believe this is the best way to ease the crazy ass competition around some of these nm's without effecting balance or the difficulty at which empyrean can be obtained too much.

I totally agree with you, i and a friend are making an empy weapon each with the help of a whm friend and the 3 of us are finding it close to impossible.

the other day there was 60+ people in the area around flux 7/8 in miseraux, with at least 30+ camping gukumatz when he was due to pop.

i agree about making them sobek kills rather than collecting his skins, as it is now its just causing resentment and bad blood between players.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post

Please please please can you add Gukumatz, Heqet, Asambosam, Amun, Tunga, Gieremund, Div-e Sepid, Hrosshvalur and Lord Varney Ki's to Gold Sturdy Pyxis in scars zones please!

Bump for great justice. Was gonna make a new thread but found this one. Make the KI come from chests or at least make the NMs a forced pop NM. Players shouldn't have to compete against one another to complete a trial.
    (0)

I think it would be more effecient to just put all NM pop Key Items/Items from timed spawned NM's into Gold Pyxides. Looking at it from a realistic viewpoint, anything like Molt Scraps or Avian Remix from regular mobs drop a dime a dozen anyways so why would we really need them from the chests. Then you have linkshells constantly camping NM's like Amun not for seals but soely for the KI, with 15minute windows it is taxing on lowman groups that do not have the manpower to quickly build up lights for Time Extensions while camping NM's.
    (0)

Player
    I'm in complete agreement with the OP. My small SP just started camping Gukumatz in order to complete Sobek popsets, and it is absolutely absurd how much competition there is on a nightly basis. It's fine to have certain NMs be timed spawns, but, some of the Magian trials are simply spammed a lot more than others. When the competition gets too heavy across multiple servers, the NM needs to be adjusted. Either changed to a popped mob (my preference), or having the KI added to gold chests (or best yet, do both).

I understand the desire to limit certain weapons from becoming mainstream, but I think that the time required to fully upgrade an Empyrean weapon is appropriate with or without competition for the NMs that drop your popsets and the actual required items. I suspect most here would agree. It makes little sense to needlessly bog down certain parts of the routine just for the sake of having something be randomly spawning... and it would be nice if a fix was made quickly, rather than in a year when the competition has gone down naturally due to most people being finished by then.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast