World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

POL Loop

Hey folks!

I have recently returned to Vana'diel! I have been gone since 2013

I have downloaded and installed again and have been able to log in once

I tried today and logged in just fine, byt when I get the the "Play" screen before the friends and family message, I can click play, accept that friends and family message. But FFXI does not load up, instead it loops back to POL

Has anyone experienced this before?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I would probably try disabling the opening movie (via the config utility), and regardless if it helps or not, do the file check via the PlayOnline Viewer start screen.

If neither helps, I might play with the windowed mode and resolution options (in the same utility).

I guess it could also be a driver issue of sorts. I haven't used Windows since 2010, but I've seen it have a mind of its own with regards to updates, so the graphics card driver might have changed. The major graphics card vendors there also seem to rather like automagical updates too.

Also make sure no third-party applications related to the game are running around, though I'm not familiar enough with them to know if they could cause this particular issue.

Provided you have the time, a re-install of the game comes to mind, too, though that only allows for the same issue to appear again. :]

If none of this gets you anywhere, it might help if you provided a bit more information about your set-up (operating system, hardware, graphics device driver and such).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm currently having this issue. I have been playing just fine for a couple of years now and was even playing just last night. This morning today though i did do a windows update but not sure why that should effect it. I tried reverting this update but nothing seemed to fix it

Was there anything that helped you?
    (0)