Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20

Naoki Yoshida "FFXI still going strong - No plans to end it"

This is pretty cool. Link to article:

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xiv-interview-yoshida-soken/

G: I’m guessing that Final Fantasy XI is drawing closer to the end of its life cycle. Are you thinking, when the time to close Final Fantasy XI comes, of ways to draw its remaining players into Final Fantasy XIV?

NY: Being in charge of Business Division 5, XI is still part of my group. I can tell you right now that it’s still going strong, and there are no plans to end it any time soon.

This year we have a lot of patches and a lot of plans. We’re going to talk about it in the coming months, even if it’s not a new expansion.

Yet, the team and the Producers want to liven up the project, so you’re gonna see the results in the next few months of work within the team as well as the PR teams. You’ll feel that the game is still going strong.

If and when, maybe even ten years in the future, Final Fantasy XI finally ends, then yes, we’d be completely open to doing some kind of promotion for those players. Maybe if they move to XIV we could give them a free year of subscription or something like that.

With that being said, we don’t want to force those players to move on to XIV. They’re completely different games, so it has to be their decision.

The memories players have of Vana’diel are memories of Vana’diel. And it’s because it’s Vana’diel that those memories are so strong. We’ll do everything in our power to keep the servers open for the players. It’s important for us.
    Looks like lots of plans on the horizon for new content and if you read between the lines maybe a new mini xpack or something!
    (4)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think you're reading into it a bit too much. They also said su5 were on the same level as REMA weapons and only 2 of them are really viable in any manner...2/22...
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    I think you're reading into it a bit too much. They also said su5 were on the same level as REMA weapons and only 2 of them are really viable in any manner...2/22...
    Not to mention how the whole idea of the Su5 Great Katana allows access to ALL GKT weapon skills... what is up with that?!
    (0)

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    I can honestly see them keeping the game going for another 10 years in maintenance mode.
    (0)