Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here once again with all the latest on September’s update.

This year has been quite the treat for armchair astronomers, with eclipses, meteor showers, and other celestial phenomena delighting observers around the world. My own eyesight has worsened as I’ve gotten older, making it something of a strain to look up at the dry autumn sky. As such, the stars seem faint and distant to me, but I welcome the cool autumn breeze ushering in a farewell to this unusually hot summer we’ve been having.

But let’s get down to business, shall we? This month, we’ve got a host of new equipment and other updates for you.

First off, we’ve got the Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Aeonic weapons. As we’ve hinted at, the battle against the Dynamis – Divergence Wave 3 boss will be key. We’ve also made some adjustments to better allow solo players and small groups to upgrade their equipment. All of this is high-level content aimed at those who’ve earned their Job Master stars, but feel free to tackle it at your own pace—I know I will. Needless, the powers of your newly upgraded weapon are sure to live up to its legendary status, so give it your best shot!

Continuing on, we’re expanding the synthesis system with Aurum Tomes. You can now add augments to boost the potency of certain powerful items even higher. Simply select an upgrade route from among three options to create a weapon best suited your preferred battle style!

Last, but not least, Ambuscade is getting its latest update. This time, you’ll be going up against a Scorpion, which I chose because the constellation Scorpius is a personal favorite of mine. Like a raging meteor shower, it’ll come raining down on you with all types of magical attacks. My poor eyesight keeps me from enjoying the night sky, but I’m sure that this kind fellow will oblige, and quickly have me seeing stars.

You can find the usual table of content coming in September below. No need to remind you, I’m sure, but please remember that some last-minute issues may arise that prevent some of these items from making it on time. Until next time, happy adventuring!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
SeptemberAvatar Quest・ Make reward items obtainable again-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
SeptemberAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
SeptemberOmen・ Add new rewards-
SeptemberWanted Battle・ Add new rewards-
SeptemberAuto-translate Dictionary・ Add new terms-
SeptemberPorter Moogle・ Add to list of supported items-