You'll be always welcome on Bahamut
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    What about the situation when a static group has near all the items they want aside from a few rare items? My example is omen, where some in my group still have yet to get bodies and a few hands from ou. We continue to do omen, so for us it only makes sense to sell the items which we no longer want. Yes it is possible to give them away for free, but I don't know a group of people that would do this. Altruism only goes so far to random people, why should we just give items away when we're the ones doing all the work. Or would you rather us let them fall to the ground? Which seems like a huge waste to me.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    What about the situation when a static group has near all the items they want aside from a few rare items? My example is omen, where some in my group still have yet to get bodies and a few hands from ou. We continue to do omen, so for us it only makes sense to sell the items which we no longer want. Yes it is possible to give them away for free, but I don't know a group of people that would do this. Altruism only goes so far to random people, why should we just give items away when we're the ones doing all the work. Or would you rather us let them fall to the ground? Which seems like a huge waste to me.
    A bit like the sheer amount of stuff that gets wasted through mercs who can't sell stuff within 5 minutes because they are charging an extortionate rate?

if its going to 'drop to the floor' anyway, just give it away. Why would you need/want to charge someone in the situation you have mentioned?
    (0)

Player
    Now its gone from crazy, to just laughable.

(1)
    Last edited by orionis; 09-13-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    A bit like the sheer amount of stuff that gets wasted through mercs who can't sell stuff within 5 minutes because they are charging an extortionate rate?

if its going to 'drop to the floor' anyway, just give it away. Why would you need/want to charge someone in the situation you have mentioned?
    FFXI economy is based off of the free market where we(the players) set the rules.

It is no different like the high end fruit market in japan.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/i...e-fruit-parlor

For my analogy, we the players selling the excess goods are the farmers. The fruits come in nq and hq. The nq ones sold at the lower rate, the hq ones sold at auction, or in our case kept. I'm using the fruit analogy since fruit have a limited life span which is akin to the game 5 min pool.

So you're saying instead of selling the lower fruit we should just give them away, even though we did all the hard work to get them? FFXI economy is based of the real world, no one in the real would do this. You think the farmers of these expensive fruit should give them away? Or just let them fall to the ground and rot and get no money for them?

Us selling the stuff we don't want is no different than these farmers in the real world selling the nq fruit at these high prices.

There is free will in game too, my group does NOT FORCE people to come with us and trade the gil. Every time I yell, I have "negotiate" in my yell. If you don't like the price, negotiate, if we can't reach a deal then just don't go. How is this any different to the real world (ie when buying a home) where people that have goods and want to sell them to people that want to buy them, but don't want to pay the listed price.

If you truly believe in the situation where stuff you don't need should be given away, when you get a drop you don't need do you just give it to the first person that needs it, instead of selling it on the AH. Or you should be just tossing the items you no longer want to the ground.

Just because these items have the EX tag makes no difference in the comparison, we just have buyers ready to go in case an item drops.
    (1)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 09-14-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Character
    Deeedo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (3)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The REAL issue is the RMT that are buying/selling gil. Getting rid of merc is not the issue, get rid of the RMT that add gil to the economy. Less gil in the economy and prices will drop. IE get rid of all the botters in Palborough Mines and the illgotten shields that were created from botting would solve more issues.
    (2)

Player
    Not even close. The real issue is Sparks. End of story.

Everything is SEVERELY f-ed up because you can make a hundred million gil in 4 hours.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Not even close. The real issue is Sparks. End of story.

Everything is SEVERELY f-ed up because you can make a hundred million gil in 4 hours.
    That's a rather extreme exaggeration, unless you are talking about lottery-luck HQ streaks for a crafter or an extreme multiboxer(. Even if we're only talking 1mil in that time tho, that is like 1000% more than what most of us made Back In The Day™, so you do have a point. Along with the increased income potential however, gil has severely devaluated since then, so it really doesn't have as much meaning now, so people are more willing to part with large quantities of it.

I say that the true root of all evil in FFXI is simply that (most?) players are humans, and humans are jerks by default.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-14-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Bring out the ban stick, the enormous amount of detrimental ToS violations that occur every min of every hour in game is how the in-game econ gets corrupted. There's a % of users that break the ToS to obtain obscene amounts of gil or item collection related to crafting merchandise with the intentions of generating the illegitimate masses of gil. Whatever their violation is; be it automated item farming, monopolization of an item source, RMT sell of gil, RMT purchase of gil or corruption of in-game content mechanics. Whatever the crime is, it is detrimental to all those who obey ToS rules. Much of this could be lazily blamed on content being created that is weak to exploitation, but no matter the difficulty there is going to be a % of users that will attain the ability to exploit any difficulty of content as it concerns player to environment interactions. The two resources the game provider (SE staff) have are the removal of accounts that are corrupting the intentions of content mechanics and environmental interactions, and the correct development of content to the point where there is absolutely no capability of gaining obscene advantages through breaking ToS rules.
    (2)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 09-14-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast