Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

119 Hecteyes and Hippogryph jug pet

Hi SE,
    Beastmasters have never had a 119 Hecteyes pet jug. Can you please add one? Also, can you refresh Adamtantoise and Hippogryph jugs to be ilvl 119 as well.

Thank you.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Actually never had a Hecteye's at all.

There a bunch that could brought up which makes the like 3 different mandies and crabs really weird. Also makes brave hero glenn weird because lol frog with low stats and no moves. Ones that reach ilvl but not full 119 that would be awesome are Sheep, Coeurl, flytrap, leech, snow rabbit, ladybug, funguar, and lynx
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I specifically asked for those 2 for a reason. I know SE's time is limited, so I figure a 119 Falcor will give us TH again and a Hecteyes pet will be fun/new.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I want leech specifically because it's one of the few pets whose usefulness has to do with things other than just dealing as much dmg as possible. And ladybug was a great TH pet too!
    (0)

Player
    Id like to see these puk jug with healing wind reason i said it is se removed 2 moves i know of 1 from grass hopper and 2nd from the boar i the like barreling smash added to boar and the crabs that can use mega scissor lastly dhalama yes i know size but most pets clip the walls in crawlers nest as is oh and let jugs break the cap like smn can add +2 lvl to guttler or just a back peace
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I mostly want a way for all the 114 capped pets to hit 119.
    Falcorr, Fargann, Julio ,Raphie and Shasra would be reclaimed.

whether is raising their level cap or making higher level versions, I don't much care, but those pets would be wonderful. would love to have a high level sabotender also.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Unless these pets have potential for cleaving, there's not much point at the moment unfortunately.... with the ready move range restriction there's not much use for Bst outside of cleaving situations, even there Blu or Blm are situationally better but at least they're competitive there, not really anywhere else.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just because you don't know what to do w/ the pets, doesn't mean others don't.

BST is already better at cleaving than blu or blm. can keep a faster pace, and safer. Bst can solo pull, crowd control, and kill much more efficiently than blu or blm. with good cor rolls and good set, can even 1 shot the crowd, though usually 2 shot. sure a super set for blu or blm will one-shot more often, but bst has less wait time by far. 2 shot, crowd dead, and getting a new group by the time blu gathers the group, or blm waiting for someone else to pull.

bst doesn't need more cleaving, though having a thunder spell would be nice variety. Bst's best magical ready moves are all on the dark skillchain spectrum. Charged Whisker would give some variety. Let alone a direct silence in Chaotic Eye and Blaster para :P. added effect from lizard not nearly so reliable for silence.

Fargann's tp drainkiss is quite useful, but limited while he's under leveled.

Falcorr is useful for zergs especially, but if you are fully buffed, you can reliably drop 50k and 80k fantod > backheel combos depending if unleash is up or not. acc is the biggest challenge there. level 119 would make it more practical.

Julio having a dark based sleep, which is more potent than sheep song anyway, would be really nice to have back. Sheep Song was never as reliable as Soporific. Having basically sleepga 2 back in the bst repetoire would be much appreciated for crowd control. Let alone how potent gloeosuccus and palsy pollen are.

Even though Tortoise Stomp is no Corrosive Ooze, it still quite potent def down. PLUS its nice physical damage from a great tank pet. would be nice to back in the arsenal, but mostly having an Adamantoise and Sabotender is just fun!

Which really IS the point!
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    BST is already better at cleaving than blu or blm. can keep a faster pace, and safer. Bst can solo pull, crowd control, and kill much more efficiently than blu or blm. with good cor rolls and good set, can even 1 shot the crowd, though usually 2 shot. sure a super set for blu or blm will one-shot more often, but bst has less wait time by far. 2 shot, crowd dead, and getting a new group by the time blu gathers the group, or blm waiting for someone else to pull.
    Your experiences and mine seem to vastly differ here, Blu of course does the most aoe damage over time, generally speaking but damage isn't the issue as all three jobs kill fast enough to be a tiny percentage of the actual process of cleaving, the issue is pulling, Bst can only efficiently pull mobs that link and don't have AoE autos/annoying aga moves because the player itself is quite squishy, so for large efficient pulls you must get aggro on your pet and then pull with it, which isn't always viable from camp to camp, but situationally is so, Blu's pulling is a lot more straightforward (they also get access to Hippomenes Socks which are huge for pulling, and Phalanx without losing their offhand.) Also pulling on Bst kinda sucks because pet pathing is horrific and they randomly get stuck on the environment all the time especially in Reisenjimma. Blm, by complete contrast to what you're describing does the LEAST damage to large groups (Due to multiple mob damage reduction, which I think is silly and should be removed, but still, damage is mostly irrelevant here) and is THE BEST puller, it's basically invincible for 15 minutes at a time (then you make a trip back to the entrance of the zone you're in to reset).

The reason to cleave on Blm is ease of pulling (due to this you can target areas and pull sizes others cant), Blu is the best for direct competition generally speaking due to the 1-shot spells, large aoe, and quick nuke times, making it harder for others to mess with your pulls which is unfortunately common, Bst is a reasonable middle ground of the two, and does excel on specific targets, I'd call the three of them all worthy of consideration for anyone cleaving though, no doubt.

All the other scenarios you mentioned though, are usually not worth considering or competitive to most players, why would you zerg on Bst when you could do so on SMN from a safer distance with a much larger damage output, Bloodpact spam is simply far faster than Ready spam, though their damage numbers could be quite similar in the right circumstances, the range difference is an absolute no-contest when comparing. Corrosive Ooze's Defense down is super nice, admittedly, but how often are you willing to spend 3 ready moves on it, why use underlevelled Fargann's TP Drainkiss for 3 charges when you can use Mewing Lullaby, and in Zerg situations where ready moves don't matter, pDif is probably already capped due to your Boltering Geo. Sleeps are nice but often enough Brd or Blu or Blm or Rdm will have it covered with far less opportunity cost than the Beast.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bst, I have it mastered, I still play it occasionally for certain situations, I'm just saying I feel like your time (and all of ours) would be better off spent lobbying for more systemic changes rather than super situational pets, I strongly believe that Bst should get it's range back, for example, or access to gear that would actually make it worthwhile to melee with your pet, or cap our minimum ready recast where it is now and give us another -5 to it, (or at least an offhand axe that actually at least has ilevel with ready recast-5 that doesn't stack/break current amount) so we're not chained to Charmer's Merlin forever, glossing over all of these things and saying "Beast is fine" I think just hurts all the players who actually like the job and want it to be used for more than it is now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 05-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Player
    I have master BST and master BLU and master BLM. BLU > BST when it comes to mass pulling, up thru Reisenjima levels. I can kill things faster AND safer as BLU. Entomb > Floe > Crush kills most things before they have a chance to hit me back. Can Dream Flower in place of Crush if you'd prefer to chill and wait for pure safety too.) You have to wait for +1 charge after popping a Tegmina for the 2nd one, and I can run thru the BLU rotation in the same amount of time. It doesn't take a "super set" for BLU to one-shot lower mobs. My BLU nuking set is primarily Jhakri+2 and it kills things quite well, TYVM. >:3 BLM is the squishiest and has the hardest time maintaining output vs large number of targets, so I'd pretty much leave them out of this.

FWIW, Fatso Fargann's TP Drain Kiss scales purely as a percentage of target TP based on pet TP, and can not be resisted at all. Used with 3k TP = 100% of target TP is drained. Period. The downside compared to Mew is just the bare minimum 30sec recast as a 3 charge Ready move, compared to SMNs minimum BP recast of 21-22sec. Worked fine even vs the Dullahan (undead) in Ambu V1VD a little while back. Mew was reported as being nerfed in that fight, beyond basic resist mechanics, but TPDK was full strength 100% of the time and 100% accuracy regardless of pet m.acc. Fatso's an oddball maybe, since his other moves have what feels like surprisingly high accuracy, but I've had a lot of goofy fun since I discovered him. The primary benefit to getting a level increase would be survival IMO.

TBH though, far more desirable for me than new/upgraded jugs, would be changing CB/BL to reset timers if we Leave a pet that's at full health, like DRG and PUP. It would open many more strategic doors for the job if it were possible to juggle pets for buffs/debuffs without the ridiculous wait times on our JAs. Even just being able to force appropriate KE for KI would be a solid DD+10%/DT2-10% vs NMs for our entire group for 80% of the time. Once they give me this adjustment, I am definitely going to want more pets though. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast