Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Mortechai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Farsha Damage Numbers

Hey guys, I have some questions regarding the behavior of Cloudsplitter and results gotten from Farsha and the WS. It being an elemental WS and all, I've been wondering if taking MAB+ atmas is necessary to squeeze out the most possible damage from it or can one suffice with gearing up +str and +mnd and taking the typical gamut of melee atmas? Any numbers/testing results you may have come across would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to make up my mind on which gorget/belt set to use for this WS either but after poring over wiki for a few hours I arrived at either darkness or thunder gorgets/belts, any confirmation on this would be appreciated as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mortechai; 04-15-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sadly, the answer seems to be to not use this WS most of the time. You're going to do dramatically better damage just spamming Rampage, ODD included. It's really only good for making Pearl (with the aftermath) and Amber. It's a good axe, and DWing is probably the right way to play WAR if you're /NIN, but the WS is crap.

Lion/Ultimate/Hell's Guardian would be your best bets, I think. Barring that, Lion/Ultimate/Blinding Horn I think. Purely for WS damage without a brew, of course.
    (0)

Character
    Mortechai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So MAB+ is the best way to go to sum up your post? In situations where using this WS is advantageous of course.
    (0)

it is horrible damage at 100% tp. Decent damage but still not worth it at 200% and damn nice dmg at 300%.

Best atmas for this reason are lion blinding horn and smiting blow. Non brew gear should be heavy mab and then str or mind equally in the other slots. Ie Demon ring demon ring shantotto pants crudelis Suzaku sune ate Fortis heafoc twilight mail twilight helm uggy pendant novio hecates best str or mnd ammo u can find and Farsha. for offhand its debatable. Some people sware the TP bonus +100 from the new trial of the magians actually works in the off hand. im in the process of upgrading mine to confirm it. If thats tru its definately the best option allowing u to Ws at 100% with a full 300% strength cloudsplitter and gain a full 3 aftermath in conjuction with atma of the smiting blow. All in all, it may still not be worth it. Losing razed ruin hurts so much and since rampage is such great damage with razed ruin it just has a lot of synergy going for it. Altho the idea of a 5k cloudsplitter > reverse flourish > 5k cloudsplitter> darkness does sound cool.

It is still very awesome for brew. Switch out the neck and belt for the thunder neck and belt. Everything else is fine the same way
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 04-15-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, but a basic summary of my post is:

"Don't use Cloudsplitter unless you're trying to make Amber. It's bad for your damage even if you sacrifice useful Atma slots to make it less crappy."
    (0)

Character
    Mortechai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So its damage stinks without MAB+ gear and proper atmas, or can the WS be made decent with melee atmas and str/mnd gear? This is basically what I'am fishing for.
    (0)

get a great axe stop being gimp
    (4)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortechai View Post
    So its damage stinks without MAB+ gear and proper atmas, or can the WS be made decent with melee atmas and str/mnd gear? This is basically what I'am fishing for.
    It's damage is worse than a DD-Atma Rampage without changing all your Atmas to MAB, and it's so much worse that the ODD doesn't compensate for it. Play however you like, but I don't think there's a way to make it not suck without losing more than you gain.
    (0)

it will consistantly do 2200-2800 damage with lion blinding horn while still maintaining razed ruin for dps. And spikes up to a consistant 3200 with asectic tonic. However, because it requires renauds +2 off hand for tp bonus +100 you will tp much slower than if u had VV and offhand richardets (OAT or DA version).

One way to use it is to go RR VV Lion. u lose 10% triple by switching apoc for lion, but it allows u to get more use out of ur temps. I.E. offhand richardets +2 use stalwarts and rampage til it wares off. Then switch to offhand Renauds+2 use ascetics and cloudsplitter til it wares off.

Its possible to play around with all the atmas and find a hybrid combination that might work for u. Lion, Blinding Horn, VV, Ultima, hells guardian, and smiting blow are all good cloud atmas.

P.S. the aftermath is pretty horrible in general. It doesnt proc much at all for 1. Also it doesnt last long at all. Most of the time, half the aftermath duration is wasted during switching to a new monster. And also it doesnt overwrite itself. For instance, If you ws at 100% u will get a 30 sec ish aftermath. If u WS again at 10 seconds left on the duration of the aftermath, u will still only have 10 seconds left. Not a refreshed 30 seconds. And TP bonus gear and atmas do not apply to the aftermath. ONe would think that if i have +200 tp bonus and WS at 100% that i would get a 300% aftermath since my WS is supposed to be 300% always but NOPE. U will get 300% worth of damage for only 100% tp in that case BUT u will only get lvl 1 (100%) aftermath.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 04-17-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    2200-2800 is about what I'd expect out of Rampage, and it doesn't require any DPS sacrifices at all.

Also, have you tested the TP Bonus+100 offhand? Does it actually work on your main hand weapon? I ask because things like Martial Knife don't work when offhanded.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast