Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    yes ive tested. 100% certain. The trial TP +100 weapons work in offhand.

I need to test if they stack with martial weapons but i havent had the time.

Doesnt open up as many options as one would think. Martial knife + fusetto+2 would make aoelian edge pretty nice at 100%. Even outside abyssea. And inside gales, hells guardian and ultima added to the martial + fusetto could make for some great mobbing.

possible offhand for a Dagan using whm soloist. With an HP + WS set and smiting blow atma could easily get a 2k hp heal dagan at 100%. probly around 700-800 mp return with an MP plus ws set.

and then farsha. Other than that there isnt much use for the offhand TP bonus trick.

ALSO, the 2200-2800 was with 1 slot going to Razed ruin so really wasnt much dps lost there. Mainly just hurt losing the OAT offhand and the regain from VV. The slower WS frequency. But doesnt mean with a little poking and prodding that u couldnt fit it in. I definately think the whole using stalwarts and Richardets and rampage then switching to Renauds ascetics and cloud with blinding horn VV RR could be the best of both worlds in an exp part situation.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    VV caps your fSTR, which improves your DPS. Apoc gives you 15% Triple Attack, which improves your DPS.

That's an interesting note about TP Bonus+100 weapons. They're more in the Moonshade earring style then. I'd bet that it does stack with Martial Knife. How did you do the test for it?
    (0)

i used cloudsplitter a buncha times at 100% on bunnies in la thiene with no renauds.
    I used cloudsplitter a buncha times at 200% on bunnies in la thien with no renauds.
    I used cloudsplitter a buncha times at 100% with Renauds on bunnies.

The damage from 100% with renauds matched the damage from 200% no renauds.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sounds right to me, good job.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sorry to double post, but one last question to confirm. Using TP Bonus +100 offhand axe and Cloudsplitter with 100TP gets you AM1 and not AM2, right?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Sorry to double post, but one last question to confirm. Using TP Bonus +100 offhand axe and Cloudsplitter with 100TP gets you AM1 and not AM2, right?
    Correct, the tp bonus from Renauds axe +2 as well as Smiting blow does not count towards aftermath TP.

(personally i think it should, though im not sure where to post a thread at to discuss this.)
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don't know, but I agree. In fact, I'm pretty sure all relic, empyrean, and mythic owners agree <_<; I'd love to get AM2 for WSing at 175 TP with TP Bonus +25 earring, or AM3 at 175 TP with TP Bonus +125 from offhand dagger +100 and +25 earring.
    (0)

Character
    Mortechai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    yes ive tested. 100% certain. The trial TP +100 weapons work in offhand.
    This may sound silly, but will the WS DMG+X% weapons work when worn in the offhand as well? I havnt finished any of them save for the gaxe to test myself.
    (0)
    Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow
    -TS Eliot

I did some tests outside abyssea b4 i upgraded it to see just that. the +10% seemd to work offhand as well. But would require a much larger data set than what i accumulated to 100% confirm. I can just give u my hunch that is does work.

However the +100 tp bonus definately works in the offhand. There are several easy WS's to test with Aoelian edge, primal rend, Cloudsplitter are all good test subjects for the offhand +100 tp bonus weapon because they have large jumps from 100% to 200% tp and are magical WS's so relativly consistant dmg.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 04-26-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The test someone sent me with the +10% dagger shows it not working offhand.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast