Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70

Revamping the game through kickstarter or slightly higher sub fee temporarily?

First of all I want to apologize for poor grammar since english is not my first language but I've been thinking about something based on all my 4 characters on different servers.

Many players seem to be interested in continuing playing this game and have no desire of going to FFXIV.

Is there any way we can convince SE through a kickstarter or a slightly higher subscription fee for maybe 6 months or something to help get a revamp of graphics ui etc?

Do you guys think any of this is possible or will they shut down the idea since they want all attention on FFXIV?
    (0)

Player
    The devs are on record recently (just a few months ago,) that they absolutely will not be using Kickstarter or the like, and there is 0% chance of any form of reboot/rebuild or console port.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Skizzle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    That sounds like a total buzzkillington
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzle View Post
    That sounds like a total buzzkillington
    The good news is that during the 16th Anniversary POL Announcement, they said [paraphrased] ; "Thanks for sixteen great years, and here's to sixteen more!"

I am very happy to hear that FFXI will be around for many more years.

I personally don't care about graphics overhaul, as I really like the current graphics, they are cute and stylish, they look like dolls and toy soldiers. I personally don't like very shiny modern graphics that make games play slowly, shuddery and clunky.

So I am totally Super Happy that FFXI will be available for many years to come, in its current state, with occasional updates and events.

FFXI is still the greatest game in the world, and I am just so very happy that I can continue to visit Vana'diel for many more years into the future.

(2)