Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Still a Lack of New Food that requires Argentum KI compared to other Crafts with Su3.

Hello, I really like the stats on Altana's Repast, however it's locked behind Stage 4 Cooking Shield. Not that it's a problem itself apart from being a Stage 4 shield KI requirement. The problem still lies in the lack of Culinarian Argentum KI cooking recipes compared to all other crafts where they have. Over a year ago, I made a thread about new ideas for new combo stat foods. There were some points about maybe branching off different combinations of stats type per food based on roles, some focused with a combo of greater quality of stats

1. melee Attack & Accuracy with STR/DEX
    2. Ranged attack & Ranged Accuracy, STR/AGI
    3. or maybe Accuracy and Magic accuracy. DEX/MIND/INT
    4. Magic Accuracy + Magic Attack Bonus. +MP INT/MND/CHR
    5. Ranged Accuracy + Magic Accuracy. +AGI/INT
    whatever comes to mind for anyone to think of.

One of the problems I mentioned before was how Culinarians really missed out on a lot of potentially serious recipes they could of made compared to other crafts that have their a wide selection of Su3 weapons / armor already have their respective stage 3 shield argentum KI while Cooking only has 1 recipe which is the Marine Stewpot. One of my worries I also had mentioned before was about how when you compare the difference of food's stats from level 75 era period compared to Item level Content Endgame , the net gain isn't that high when you compare squid sushi or sole sushi to Sublime Sushi (about 22-28 accuracy difference). With the current endgame content, new food recipes should have greater amount of certain stats, especially with the way accuracy/magic accuracy requirements are in very high-end endgame content. The other problem I also had was the idea of just slapping on random useless food with little to no meaningful stats, joke food, or adding whatever weak items just for the sake just adding weak junk. A lot of thought should be put into it and not be so restrictive if branching out different stats to each new food

Here was the old thread from over a year ago http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-combo-ideas?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 08-15-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Player
    The cooking shield is kind of a serious slap in the face. It gets ONE crafted food. (now two)

But, still costs exactly the same as all the other shields. Let's face it, if you spent 20 years HQing all the available foods you still wouldn't break even with the lost effort this shield created. It really is a joke.

Best case scenario even if you had 100% HQ rate, it would take 4,000 stacks of Sublime Sushi+1 to break even. And that's with current prices, they would certainly fall before you sold 4,000 of them.

at HQ2 thats 24,000 successes and many, many breaks.

They sell at less than 1 stack a day (average) it would take 10 years to sell 4,000 stacks.

(not to mention, thousands of hours fishing) You would spend just over half an entire year, catching Guguru tuna, to cap, every day. Then salmon. Then Sole.

On top of all that, I just want to re-iterate how ridiculous the entire Spirit section is. There really are no words for how stupid it is. I feel like there is no where near enough complaining for how incredibly bad this entire thing is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 08-15-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh yeah, can't forget how Fishing is one of the big things taken into account of for high cooking recipes that involves fish items used for sushi and seafood and stewpots, but also having to fish up legendary fish too.

Culinarians could of had serious brand new Cooking recipes to bring to the market to sell to players but Cooking obviously has been neglected for over a year with nothing special or new that could profit like other crafts and we never had any kind of Dev team follow-up / status on the subject whatsoever. Only 1 recipe that requires the Stage 3 Argentum KI which was Marine Stewpot and that was released in the May 2017 version update but that's it. I was motivated more by the response back in july 17th, 2017 with the impression of serious brand new foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hi, everyone!

Thank you for those tasty suggestions!
    We've shared your responses with the dev. team and they mentioned that there will be more food added in the future.
    We hope that the new dishes sate your appetite!

Please look forward to the next meals being served up!
    I kept wondering about the status or any update on any new food... nothing... no follow up, no update. That really slips away such motivation with regard to high-end level Cooking recipes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 09-07-2018 at 08:45 PM.