Thread: Venus Orb issue

Character
    Sutiban
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Venus Orb issue

I spent all this time to get a Venus Orb. I go to the BCNM and start it up call my trusts:

First coffer = Coffer O'Plenty

Coffer O'Plenty uses Ka-thwack.

Sutiban dies.

I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen. The mimic does an Insta-kill? I didn't block it with my Ochain? Seems like a bug to me. If it's "working as intended" i'm cancelling my sub. Not wasting my time getting a Venus orb to insta-die on the 1st coffer I open.

Didn't I read somewhere that if you died to the mimic you can get up and collect what you've gotten and then leave the zone?
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If you pop a mimic either you kill it or you die. It works as intended, you need to go with people and gear on death resistence. The coffer opens with a death AoE move that dispels any kind of Reraise form, including Reraise from items. It also casts Death quite often and uses the Death AoE quite often.

You could probably have a tank on Twilight gear but not sure how that'd work. Anyway it's a luck based game, you are not supposed to win if you spawn the mimic but there is still a chance to do so which is a good challenge for properly geared players.

Also the mimic seems to have a huge HP pool, seeing how its HP dropped when we fought it I would say between 2 to 3 million HP. We attempted it and fully resisted the first Death move as we popped Perfect Defense but we weren't expecting the second AoE and we lost scherzo. It did KO 2 of our party members and dealt over 2k damage to the rest if the party.

It was definitely a fun challenge we weren't ready for but it's doable, just need to be prepared.
    (0)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's like russian roulette. Everyone aren't supposed to win.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutiban View Post
    If it's "working as intended" i'm cancelling my sub.
    Somewhat extreme?
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Does sound a tad extreme, it's just a fun mini game, with a chance to get nice stuff... you won't win every month
    (0)
    Last edited by Stuzey; 08-11-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I spent all this time to get a Venus Orb. I go to the BCNM and start it up call my trusts:

First coffer = Coffer O'Plenty

Coffer O'Plenty uses Ka-thwack.

Sutiban dies.

I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen. The mimic does an Insta-kill? I didn't block it with my Ochain? Seems like a bug to me. If it's "working as intended" i'm cancelling my sub. Not wasting my time getting a Venus orb to insta-die on the 1st coffer I open.

Didn't I read somewhere that if you died to the mimic you can get up and collect what you've gotten and then leave the zone?
    Sure you CAN get up, that's IF you can get up, as in bring someone with you to keep mimic "entertained" while another person raises you, THEN you can get up.
    Cancelling sub over a 9.1% chance of getting nothing randomly is very extreme from something that was free to get in the first place.
    How about just opening up gold chest and be done with it? That's 100% free to get every time.
    I've gone 4 times on main & mule; 7/10, 2/10, 0/10 (mimic first try like you), and 3/10.
    Just either enjoy it for the fun, or do as you were last week and never even knew it existed and continue on with your gaming happily.
    Never try and you'll never lose
    (0)

Character
    Sutiban
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Cancelling sub over a 9.1% chance of getting nothing randomly is very extreme from something that was free to get in the first place.
    This was the VENUS orb...not the Mars orb.
    (0)

Player
    It's still a repeatable, small event intended for even fresh 99s to have a shot at completing. We knew long in advance that this was going to be a Russian Roulette thing, and sometimes the bullet shows up on the first pull of the trigger. /shrug Luck = luck. Try again.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    i know, but the only big difference between Venus Orb and Mars Orb is the quality or rareness of the items you'd get with Venus over Mars. After that they are identical in function and luck.

Still, sorry to hear how it went, hopefully next month is better. Do you have any other mules/alternates characters on your account you can get to lv.99 and do it again with? I'm leveling my 3 alts to 99 this week soloing (so much more fun that being PL'ed) just so i CAN go to 10 orb runs (5 on each orb).

(I bet Nyarlko is doing just that on all her alts and accounts lol)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    i know, but the only big difference between Venus Orb and Mars Orb is the quality or rareness of the items you'd get with Venus over Mars. After that they are identical in function and luck.

Still, sorry to hear how it went, hopefully next month is better. Do you have any other mules/alternates characters on your account you can get to lv.99 and do it again with? I'm leveling my 3 alts to 99 this week soloing (so much more fun that being PL'ed) just so i CAN go to 10 orb runs (5 on each orb).

(I bet Nyarlko is doing just that on all her alts and accounts lol)
    XD Since it's monthly, I haven't been in a big hurry to do so, but that is the plan.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”