Hail, adventurers!
Matsui here with the lowdown on August.

The entirety of the northern hemisphere has been wracked by heat the past few weeks. I know when I want to beat the summer fatigue, I take my laptop with me to the coolest room in the house and log in from there. Even when gaming, it’s important to stay cool and refreshed!

But just because we’re sitting around in the living room doesn’t mean we can’t be all out and about in the Vana’diel sun! In fact, that very theme of “being active” forms the basis for our August version update!

Let’s get down to it. First on the list is a new type of content known as the A.M.A.N. Trove. Of the ten coffers placed before you, open as many you like and either reap the rewards...or suffer the consequences therein. Simple idea with a lot of nuance to it. Just how far will you go before turning back to claim your prizes?

We’ve also got a brand-new battlefield lined up for more combat-minded adventurers. Those of you who’ve taken a look at the banner already know that it features the most recent heroine to join the FFXI lineup, Iroha! We consider this struggle against the stoic maiden from Reisenjima to be akin to the Master Trials that we’ve prepared in the past, but in this instance, we’ve designed two versions: a grueling one that’ll test your limits and an easier-to-swallow version for those who are aiming to experience the content. The difficult version in particular is packed full of twists and turns to test your mettle, and we hope that even the most hearty of adventurers will have fun learning the encounter’s tricks.

Finally, Ambuscade is back with a fresh coat of summer paint. This month’s overarching theme for our Abdhaljs-based content is “Beat the Heat!” Let me tell you—when I arrive back home after a fruitful day at the office, there’s nothing nearer and dearer to my heart than that!

Below is the usual table of content coming in August. As always, some last-minute issues may arise that prevent some of these items from making it on time, but we’re working our utmost to bring you the best August patch we can!

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
AugustHeroine’s Battle (Tentative)・ Create new battlefields-
AugustA.M.A.N. Trove・ Create new battlefields-
AugustAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
AugustPorter Moogle・ Add to list of supported items-
AugustTitle・ Add new titles-
Item-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
AugustItem・ Add new items-