Character
    Armyguy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

WSNM QUEST HELP PLEASE

Hello,
    I cant start anymore WSNM quest. The NPC just wont start them. I have NO active WSNM quest or weapons. I dont have the Weapons Training Guide KI or the Map to the Annals of Truth KI. I am on the right job and level and skill Level. I have tried all wsnm quest npc's and nothing happens.

The only thing I can think of is I started a wsnm quest and dropped the weapon but wouldnt still be in my active quest? idk Please help me out. This Sucks
    (0)
    Last edited by Armyguy; 07-30-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Player
    "Anymore"? Which one are you trying to start, and which one(s) did you finish. Pretty much certainty you're in the middle of one if you cant get another to start.
    List of all the quests

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:WSNM

Asuran Fists Hand-to-Hand The Walls of Your Mind
    Evisceration Dagger Cloak and Dagger
    Savage Blade Sword Old Wounds
    Ground Strike Great Sword Inheritance
    Decimation Axe Axe the Competition
    Steel Cyclone Great Axe The Weight of Your Limits
    Spiral Hell Scythe Souls in Shadow
    Impulse Drive Polearm Methods Create Madness
    Blade: Ku Katana Bugi Soden
    Tachi: Kasha Great Katana The Potential Within
    Black Halo Club Orastery Woes
    Retribution Staff Blood and Glory
    Empyreal Arrow Archery From Saplings Grow
    Detonator Marksmanship Shoot First, Ask Questions Later
    (0)

Character
    Armyguy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Savage Blade Sword Old Wounds was where I found the problem but I have tried almost all the wsnm quest npc I have left to do, none of them start the quest. If Im in the middle of one then why is not under Current Quest?
    I have no Active WSNM quest.
    (0)

Character
    Armyguy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    GM's suck so bad in todays game with that stupid default message saying to come here and post and ask your friends. GM's ARE NOT IN FFXI ANYMORE. At most we have lazy wannabee's with GM ICON
    (0)
    Last edited by Armyguy; 07-30-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Player
    So you want to start savage blade. (with 240+ skill actual skill) and Curilla won't start it?

You must be on a specific job to access it.

68 PLD, BLU
    70 RUN
    73 RDM, WAR
    75 COR, DRK
    (0)

Character
    Armyguy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I have tried on COR DRK WAR RDM AND BLU all 99 with MAX skill
    (0)

Player
    Are you checking temp kis, or perma kis

You must be in the middle of doing one, nothing else that I know of can prevent it from starting. (aside from already having it)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyguy View Post
    GM's suck so bad in todays game with that stupid default message saying to come here and post and ask your friends. GM's ARE NOT IN FFXI ANYMORE. At most lazy wannabee
    GMs have never been open about helping with in-game advice. They probably wouldn't have told you 12yrs ago either.

Troubleshooting questions (answer all of 'em even if you feel they are stupid):

1. Have you verified via /itemsearch that you do not have the trial weapon in question hiding somewhere?
    2. Have you verified that you do not have the quest active in any and all Active Quest pages? Sometimes quests can show up in unexpected areas.
    3. Did you attempt to accept the quests on an appropriate job that can use the weaponskill natively? I vaguely remember not being able to accept Evisceration's quest as BLM even though I had enough skill to do so.. but vague memories from years ago are vague. Might not technically matter, but best to cover all your bases when problems arise.
    4. Do you already know the weaponskill in question? Equip a sword as a job that can normally use Savage Blade and check your ability list.
    5. Are you at least lv71 when you talked to the NPC?
    6. For Savage Blade, how much San d'Oria fame do you have? If it's at zero, try feeding some sheep in Selbina for a bit and then double check the WSNM quest.
    7. Do you have enough natural base weapon skill to accept the quest? Don't forget to subtract skill from merits or gear as they do not count towards the requirements. From what you are describing, this sounds like the most likely cause of your issue.

Basically, for Savage Blade, first make sure that you have at least 240 Sword Skill (excluding any from merits and/or gear,) then try talking to Curilla as a lv75+ PLD/BLU/RDM/RUN/WAR/COR/DRK. The absolute earliest you can accept the quest is lv71 PLD/BLU/RUN, 73 RDM/WAR, or 75 COR/DRK.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Armyguy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Thankyou for ALL this info. I cant start any WSNM quest on Any job if that helps. I have NO KI's for WSNM and NO WSNM weapons, ALL jobs 99 with max SKill Max fame.
    (0)