PC

ISP:
    Cox

Internet Connection:
    DSL

Internet Connection Speed:
    5 MB

Date/Time
    July 22nd - 5:26 PM to 5:30 PM MST (Arizona)

Frequency -
    Happened to me twice in maybe 12 fights.

Character Name -
    Fiches

Race -
    Mithra

World -
    Asura

Job -
    Puppetmaster 99

Support Job -
    First time was White Mage, second time was Red Mage

Map Coordinates -
    First time was in Escha Ru'Aun near portal 4. Second time was Escha Ru'Aun (K-7)

Party or Solo
    Solo

Monster Name -
    First time was Amymone. Second time was Palila.

Steps:
    1. Engage the monster, hitting it once to allow trusts to attack it.
    2. Send puppet at the monster. Use Overdrive.
    3. Switch targets to adds, during the swap the puppet kills the monster.
    4. Error pops up saying Cannot Attack. Your target is Already Claimed.
    5. Monster dies, no credit for kill, no experience, no loot.

I paid a lot of money for the pop items for Amymone and Palila and I cannot fight them without overdrive. Two times I managed to lose the pop items and gain nothing despite winning, can I gain any kind of compensation?
    (0)

Player
    You could, totally stop soloing. That's more valuable than the money you're wasting on pops. /2cents

This is how the game has always worked. If a monster dies yellow, you get nothing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 07-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Player
    Your 2 cents is not needed nor helpful. /2cents

I see you editted your post to sound even more like a jerk. No, that's not how the game works. If a scholar dies and the monster dies to Helix it's yellow and you still get loot. If you're in an instanced fight and everyone is dead and the boss dies, you still get loot. This is an instanced fight. Go be a dick somewhere else please. I neither want your input or need it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fiches; 07-23-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Player
    It's quite helpful, actually
    (0)

Player
    No you're just being a dick. How do you know its a solo only glitch? How do you know the glitch isn't triggered when the puppet gets the kill during a target swap and it has nothing to do with being solo at all.
    (0)

Player
    So you already got the answer, but please, feel free to keep doing it, I could use some popcorn time.

Post screenshots, too, please. /excitement
    (0)

Player
    Any reason you're being a complete dick?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiches View Post
    Any reason you're being a complete dick?
    Just report them since it's against the terms of the forums.
    (0)

Player
    I'm pretty sure that in your example w/ SCH, that if a target dies to a helix while unclaimed, you actually get no loot. :/ You do still get kill credit towards vorseals IIRC, but no drops. Been a very long time since I ran into this issue myself, so might not even get vorseal/kill credit.

The error message you saw occurs any time you attempt to initiate any action on a target that is still targetable client-side but already dead server-side.

This is all Working As Intended, and they don't give refunds for items. Ever. ><;;

While Halley IS being a total jerk to you, his earliest advice is actually best. What you are encountering is something that is normally isolated to solo attempts using a pet job, due to pets and masters having claim on different mobs. Bringing a 2nd player to stay on the boss (or clear adds while you stay on the boss) should solve the issue, and GF only scales down to 3x players, so you can bring up to 2x other non-trusts w/o penalty. You really would be better off with a real tank popping and a strat that doesn't rely on SP abilities.

Actually.. you are on Asura too. Send me a /tell when you see me online and I'll grab a couple LS members and knock out a few for you when time permits since I run a LS. ^^;;
    You also might want to consider killing the UNMs for the pop items rather than buy them. Now is a great time to do so since double coffer campaign is up, so it's really easy to pile up pop items atm.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”