Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CebPtolemy View Post
    Wait what? Was the rl card really just played?
    Nope, because I don't know that person in RL. But he called me a Gimp so its fair game.

BTW, I just hear a re-iteration of the problem.

What's the solution to all these anti-throwing skill activists then? Add more dual wield? more WS dmg? what?
    (1)

Character
    Raineh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I have never seen someone against doing more damage lol, in a time when ninja is finally relevant ;x
    (4)

ITT: Ninja needs fixing. Just LoL.

Shuriken suck. Shuriken will always suck, there is no way to fix that. They will never have WS because the game cannot implement Throwing WS. They will never outdamage Katanas because they will never be able to take advantage of Dual Wield's delay reduction, or Gear haste, or Magic haste, or JA haste. They were viable at low levels solely because of the scarcity of these things.

RP all you want; that doesn't make you a good FFXI Ninja. That makes you a good (or just persistent) RP. Believe it.
    (7)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ITT: Ninja needs fixing. Just LoL.

Shuriken suck. Shuriken will always suck, there is no way to fix that. They will never have WS because the game cannot implement Throwing WS. They will never outdamage Katanas because they will never be able to take advantage of Dual Wield's delay reduction, or Gear haste, or Magic haste, or JA haste. They were viable at low levels solely because of the scarcity of these things.

RP all you want; that doesn't make you a good FFXI Ninja. That makes you a good (or just persistent) RP. Believe it.
    Very nice derail attempt, but again it's just a reiteration of the problem... lol

But I guess it's alright that you can insult someone for wanting to have an authentic Ninja element in the game. Meanwhile it's not cheesy or nothin' that your character looks like a penguin trying to fly. But, its cool right? As long as you get the most important thing out of it: Your numbers are higher than the other guy's

Tired of this stock market mentality.
    (1)

Assuming we're not actually talking about Rp Naruto fanboys wanting throwing viable so they can now fap at how much more like him they now look...

I really don't understand this "It's your right to play the game your way" mentality that seems to be a blight upon these forums. You do understand that
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Your numbers are higher than the other guy's[/I]
    relates to the amount of damage you're doing to your target yes? So whats so hard to understand that if your numbers are less than others your contributing less to killing your target than they are? Hence your are being less useful equal to the amount of damage other put out more than you. But hey, it doesn't matter if you look the most aesthetically pleasing right?

We've had a haste thread, it's been explained that throwing will always put out less damage than meleeing thanks to haste. So in a straight dps scenario you will just be less useful overall. And if you choose to keep wanting this over an option you have to put out more damage then yes, sir you are gimp.

This goes for all of you who expect everyone to "Respect the way you play". IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR BEING BAD, STOP USING IT AS SUCH. Can't you people see you're a plague? Please please please just do what you always used to do in the past and crawl back to allah where you belong while the people who genuinely want to play to the best of their ability and get enjoyment from that stay here? Because once all of you are gone i genuinely think the people left could come up with semi decent ideas to be implemented.
    (6)

6. 04-15-2011 03:48 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So why don't you get rid of "Steal" on THF? Cuz it kinda sucks and just wastes an attack round.
    (1)

Stealing buffs kinda sucks wut?
    (1)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CebPtolemy View Post
    Because once all of you are gone i genuinely think the people left could come up with semi decent ideas to be implemented.

Chess

An intelligent game of strategic thought.

Smashing a watermelon with a stick

The route modern video games are going.
    (1)

I fail to see what the point in that post is but if you stood away from that watermelon and proceeded to throw said stick at it, i would again call you gimp.
    (7)

Player
    Qirmiz Tathlum
    [Ammo] All Races
    Attack +3 Increases critical hit damage
    Lv. 83 THF / NIN / DNC
    ■Critical Hit Damage +5%

Why would I get rid of this?????

You want throwing then make it an auto attack similar to MNK's kick attacks. Use shuriken like ninja tools or cor cards. let them be expended. Based on the shuriken stats that could influence dmg or have the damage tied in some way to your main hand weapon.

Personally I refuse to get rid of Qirmiz Tathlum or Ungur when I need that evasion.
    (4)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast